A User Tells Me He Can't See All of My Assets on the Content Manager

Here is a recent message I received from one Trainz user which reads:

"Not sure if it is me or what. I can see all your stuff on the web site, but cant see most of them in content manager.

the stuff you uploaded yeaterday, only able to see and down load a couple boxcars.

had same problem before on some of your other stuff."

Any advice or thoughts? I said I would look into it. I ask because the DLS cleared the assets I uploaded. Some of them are TS09 and TS12. The user told me that the TS12 assets show up in the CM, but the TS09 ones do not. For those who would like to see for themselves if they too are having any problems, my Author title is Railroader1970. Type in the author name, check the assets and see for yourselves to check for any problems. I have 50 assets up so far on the DLS. Avoid the 2 Cyl Hopper cars I uploaded in early 2021. I did better renditions I uploaded recently.

- RR70

TRS22 CM shows the following they are all 3.5 or 3.6 versions

<kuid:826627:101798> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS Circa Font 1 Less Sat 2
<kuid:826627:101766> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGH Orange/Black
<kuid:826627:101789> Thrall 73\' Centerbeam flat OGH H LOGO Less Sat
<kuid:826627:101733> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS Circa Font 1 Less Sat
<kuid:826627:101621> OGHS GP38-2 Blood Orange 2021 B With Logo
<kuid:826627:101813> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGH Orange/Black 2
<kuid:826627:101738> Muncy Valley RR Bulkhead Flatcar 62 ft 1
<kuid:826627:101802> Thrall 73\' Centerbeam Flat Full Sat OGH H Logo 2
<kuid:826627:101803> Thrall 73\' Centerbeam Flat Full Sat OGHS Logo 2
<kuid:826627:101095> OGHS 62FT Bulkhead Flatcar Circa Font
<kuid:826627:101799> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS Circa Font 1 Less Sat 3
<kuid:826627:101726> Boxcar HiCube 60ft Muncy Valley RR DES 1
<kuid:826627:101790> Thrall 73\' Centerbeam flat OGH H LOGO Less Sat 2
<kuid:826627:101791> Thrall 73\' Centerbeam flat OGHS LOGO Less Sat 2
<kuid:826627:101794> Thrall 73\' Centerbeam flat OGHS LOGO Less Sat 3
<kuid:826627:101778> Thrall 73\' Centerbeam flatcar OGH H LOGO
<kuid:826627:101683> Thrall 73\' Centerbeam flatcar OGHS
<kuid:826627:101788> Thrall 73\' Centerbeam flatcar OGHS Less Sat
<kuid:826627:101628> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS 2021 Slant Font A DES
<kuid:826627:101756> Muncy Valley RR Bulkhead Flatcar 62 ft 2
<kuid:826627:101732> Boxcar HiCube 60ft Muncy Valley RR 2 Less Sat
<kuid:826627:101740> Boxcar HiCube 60ft Muncy Valley RR 3 Weathered
<kuid:826627:101678> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS 2021 H Resurgence Logo 1
<kuid:826627:101707> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS 2021 H Resurgence Logo 2
<kuid:826627:101679> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS 2021 H Resurgence Logo 3
<kuid:826627:101311> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS Circa Font 1 Weathered
<kuid:826627:101498> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS Circa Font 2 Dirty
<kuid:826627:101327> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS Circa Font 3 Weathered
<kuid:826627:101632> Boxcar HiCube 60ft OGHS 2021 Slant Font B DES
<kuid:826627:101336> Bulkhead Flatcar 50 ft OGHS w Center Posts DES
<kuid:826627:101637> OGHS GP38-2 Blood Orange 2021 A With Logo

I don't see the SD70M-2's. Are you saying that if those who have TRS19 and TRS22, they won't be able to download everything I uploaded? I'm kind of in a jam here. I am reskinning Dave's assets be cause he gave general permission to do so. Some of the assets are TS09. Most of them are TS12 to the best of my memory. And I don't see anyone stepping up to do TRS19 versions of Dave's work. So what now? Will TRS19 and 22 play my own assets if I put them from TS12 into the newer versions? I ask this because I saved a bunch of .cdp files into folders.

Last edited:
If push comes to shove, send me a PM with your e-mail addresses and I'll send you some assets that way. To see some of my stock on display, go to Hiawathamr's YouTube channel NBVideos Presents. He has my OGH and OGHS assets in some of his Trainz videos.

As Trainz 2009 builds are not supported for uploads, assets will be placed on the repair list for updating to a supported build which is minimum of 3.5, there are 19 of your assets on the repair list and apparently some are being repaired at present.

Lucky there as there are 6353 items on the list that need fixing in some way and only 4 of active us in the repair group which has to be fitted in when we have time.

When I say repaired in this case it means the version updating to 3.5 so that show up on Content manager, a kuid2 version is created and uploaded under your user kuid.

You should have had an email from N3V about uploading an unsupported build giving you the option to either update or leave it as it is which means it will go to the Content Repair Group.

Note this doesn't stop unsupported items being listed on the Web DLS, just from being listed in Content Manager or Manage Content in newer Trainz versions, if you have the kuid number you can search on that in CM and download it, will show as third party.

Basically it's advisable to only upload at 3.5 or above to avoid N3V shunting it onto the repair list.

I'm currently the Content Repair Group Co-ordinator so have access to the repair list.

Clam, may I make a suggestion?
When an asset is added to the CRG's repair list, have N3V send an E-Mail to the creator, explaining why it was added to the CRG's repair list and what needs to be changed to be listed on the DLS. This would allow the creator to do the repair themselves and take the load off yourselves. I myself would like this feature to be implemented so that I would know if there's a problem with something I upload to the DLS I can fix it myself instead of waiting on the CRG to fix it. Also, I can do simple fixes regarding the config file and a little bit of work with PEV's tools, specifically PM2IM, Image2TGA, and AssetX, so if you have some content that requires the use of those programs, then send a few my way. I still haven't figured out PEV's Quickshadows or Attachment Maker.

Clam, may I make a suggestion?
When an asset is added to the CRG's repair list, have N3V send an E-Mail to the creator, explaining why it was added to the CRG's repair list and what needs to be changed to be listed on the DLS. This would allow the creator to do the repair themselves and take the load off yourselves. I myself would like this feature to be implemented so that I would know if there's a problem with something I upload to the DLS I can fix it myself instead of waiting on the CRG to fix it. Also, I can do simple fixes regarding the config file and a little bit of work with PEV's tools, specifically PM2IM, Image2TGA, and AssetX, so if you have some content that requires the use of those programs, then send a few my way. I still haven't figured out PEV's Quickshadows or Attachment Maker.

It's actually what N3V do or say they do, they send an email and anything that is actually faulty should get a rejection email anyway which may explain the problem, it may not in some cases. Some seem quite happy to ignore the problem though. Checking the spam folder or look at the Mailbox under My Content at My Trainz. It does work sometimes as I accidentally uploaded an unsupported build a few months ago, corrected the problem myself.

From Tonys original post on DLS Cleanup

Over the coming weeks we will be making a series of changes to various DLS processes. This includes but is not limited to the following items:

Remove trainz-build-based rejection on content uploads.
Allow content built for unsupported versions to be uploaded.
Remove validation-based rejection on uploads of NEW content with unsupported trainz-build versions and instead, add them to the repair list immediately.
It will go into the "DLS Waiting Area" regardless of the user's setting for this (it will be invisible to end users while awaiting the actions of the CRG).
The "DLS Approval Waiting" email will explicitly acknowledge that the content is old-version and link to a policy document explaining what this means. The email will also list any validation issues as normal, but will clearly indicate that the errors are not preventing upload.
The Content Creator may reject the upload as per usual.
If the user proceeds with the upload:
The content will immediately be added to the repair list.
Content placed onto the repair list during upload will not show in the regular DLS listings but may still be downloaded as a dependency.

Old-version content which already exists on the DLS is not affected by this.

I'm guessing if you skip the DLS Waiting stage which you can do with the Web uploader, you don't get the above email, that's worth following up on as it may explain why some are not aware of unsupported assets being put on the repair list.

If anyone is interested in joining the CRG send me a pm, membership is strictly anonymous, apart from me that is!

Since all of these appear to be re-skins of Dave Snow's TS2009 content. I fear that this is just the first wave in a flood of reskins of his old assets. Allowing them to be downloaded from the DLS but then requiring them to be repaired is counter productive.

i had no problem just changing the build number on daves stuff to 3.5. then uploading.

All the more reason to re-instate the requirement that all uploads be 3.5 or higher. I don't understand the logic behind the change of this policy.

All the more reason to re-instate the requirement that all uploads be 3.5 or higher. I don't understand the logic behind the change of this policy.

As I understand it N3V were encouraging users to upload assets, i.e. dependencies hosted elsewhere, up to the DLS. It's obvious, at least to the long suffering members of the CRG, that this was an open invitation to dump assets without any attempt to update to at least 3.5 standards. I could name one user who dumped over 1000 assets with sub 3.5 Trainz Build tags that all had to be corrected by the CRG and uploaded again. Mostly those changes were literally just a Trainz Build number change and a kuid bump. Easy, but tedious work.

TBH, I doubt if N3V has the capacity to update those assets and relies on the community to do it. Is that fair? - not sure but the galloping goal posts of validation can make it tough. Make the minimum upload build to TB 4.0 and then the CRG will probably fold.

You and the other members of the CRG have my heartfelt thanks for all the work you do. You are truly heroes of the Trainz world.

i had no problem just changing the build number on daves stuff to 3.5. then uploading.

I did that recently in the config file of the asset. Updated it from 2.9 to 3.5 and it was fine. But don't I have do the same with the other kuids in the Config file. In other words am I supposed to click on each of the other kuids inside of the Config File, duplicate those kuids, up their Trainz build to 3.5 as well and then replace the pre-existing kuids with the newer ones?

Last edited:
no should not have to do that.

Ok, I'll give it a shot. Will send you a PM when I release the updated builds. Hiawathamr has a bunch of my assets. If you or anyone else is interested in the assets that are not seen in the CM, especially the SD70 Locos, drop him a PM.

- RR70

I just uploaded, previewed and approved 14 assets I updated from 2.9 to 3.5 when it comes to the Trainz-build. They should be on the DLS in the next 24 to 48hrs.

If you don't see them, send me a PM and request the assets. I will send them to you through email.

- RR70

Last edited:
Back