Frankfurt am Main to Fulda. Cab ride.

https://youtu.be/dDsY6m_-sRY

I can't help the dirty windscreen, but the trip is amazing. It's springtime with the apple and quince in bloom and everything is green and colorful.

Thanks, John!

I have trouble reading the signals -- they need to boost their coronas. Keep wanting to hit the "2" camera key but it's not working...

Last trip, the wife and I were leaving Ff/M for Berlin. For some reason the train stopped and backed into the platform again. Said to wife in a voice of suppressed panic, "They're taking us back to Germany!" Most of the Germans in our compartment got it and laughed.

I was stationed in Ff/M in '66-'67 and have been down and up the Rhein several times over the years, but this is my first trip on this line.

:B~)

Thanks for sharing john, I have an old VHS of this route which is now redundant.

this staion is amazing, great architecture and an amazing track plan..

Hauptbahnhof_Frankfurt.jpg

I had thought about making it in Trainz, but I imagined the AI trying to negotiate through the maze and banished the thought from my mind :)

Cheers,

Graham

Thanks for the video John! We are headed to Germany in mid-May, so looking forward to some nice spring scenery, and of course the passion play at Oberammergau, which has been delayed two years.

I would love to visit Germany someday as well as the Netherlands and Belgium where I have friends. The region looks a lot like western and central Massachusetts and into New York State and the Rhein valley looks much like the Hudson Valley.

Forester you and your wife experienced the fun of riding with an AI driver. :)

Graham, when the train was passing through the yard there, I thought the same thing. Trainz AI would have a field day giving us indigestion; they have trouble enough with a few switches!

I'm a train engineer in southern germany, and certified on this route and both Rhein Valley lines, driving there every day. Quite nice seeing someone posting about them here :hehe: :wave:

Last edited:
Back