Is there a short cut to moving my content from TRS2019 to TRS2022?

janathan

I recently bought TRS2022 and am trying to move all my content over. I'm aware of the method of saving an object as a .CDP file and installing it in the other game, but this takes FOREVER. It takes forever to save something as a .CDP file, especially if it's a train, and it takes forever to install it (almost as long as it takes to download it). Is there a way to instantly move everything over?

If you are moving from TRS19 just copy the Build folder found through TRS19 Launch screen settings/install. Paste it in a new location and then open TRS22 launch screen settings/install and point the path to its location. Do a DBR and all should be good.

Copy your complete TRS19 user data folder to another location.
Call the folder TRS22 DATA, or whatever you want.

Start-up TRS22 and point to the TRS22 DATA folder.

It'll do a DBR, and you'll have everything.

You will need to do some Content Store updates to ensure you have all the latest updates.

(The cdp option would've taken weeks to months.)

When trainz is up and running with your routes/session using the cdp option can be very useful.
With this cdp option, I just save the route/session and do not include all the dependencies that go with them. Basically only the "shell" of your route is saved, ie config file etc. This save method only takes a moment. I find it really good, if mucked up a session where the trains are saved accidently at the wrong spot in the UDS and should be at the starting position on a session load. The "bad" session is deleted ingame or in CM and the correctly working saved cdp (shell) is imported/dragged back in via CM. Still have all the downloaded content included in the folders in the trainz directory itself so nothing to d/l.

It worked. It only took three hours. (The cdp option would've taken weeks to months.)

When you installed TRS22 it will have created a new build folder on your C drive. To save space you can locate and delete it but make sure it is the correct one.

Back