TransDem Tutorial

Thanks John,

It was me being thick again! I hadnt loaded the Georef'd map with all the textures on - so of course TransDEM couldn't create any textures for me! All sorted now, using 3 different track types for mainline, sidings and disused track, from Hannau - Mannheim in Germany. Mannheim has 2 hump yards, which seem to have come out fairly well - been thinking about starting a route thread in here.. One Day! :)

You're welcome, Peter.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I had to research how to do it myself because it's been a while since I've created a new route.

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of your route when the time comes.

Is there an easy to follow printed manual to download and use? Videos are too quick to keep up with and follow.

Is there an easy to follow printed manual to download and use? Videos are too quick to keep up with and follow.

See my post #26 in this thread. The tutorial is a little out of date, but should get you going - especially if you use Google Maps.

Bill

Exactly, that is the beauty of the video format. Plus on YouTube you can use the left cursor key to jump back 5 seconds per press to watch a bit over again.

Some people like printed manuals/instructions to have on hand at all times to refer to. Some people are visual learners so something printed is easier for them to follow and learn by.

Back