Static audio blips in the latest build of TRS19 (117009)

jonwray

So, I've been running a session in TRS19, and noticed the audio from all sorts of trucks is exhibiting a mere static blip, rather than the proper sound; see here:
[video]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/632032715541315612/965008114397106256/2022-04-16_15-57-07.mp4[/video]
JR freight cars aren't shown in the clip itself, but it's happening with them as well, thus making it relevant for this area. I checked in Content Manager and there weren't any version conflicts or open assets related to the wheels that I could find; the only discrepancy is that there's one built-in obsolete wheel sound with build 2.9, and one from elsewhere that's build 3.5. Neither one is open for edit or showing any errors, so... not sure what's going on.

If you are referring to the "clicks" or "pops", those are generally cause at the start and end of the sound files if there is any DC offset from 0.0. IT would be nice if the creators would check this. It is an easy fix using freeware like Audacity, open the file, select all, go to Effect - Normalize, and make sure "Remove DC Offset (center on 0.0 vertically)" is checked. Then just export back to the original file name (save as would save it as an Audacity project, which you don't want). Done.

Back