Why no road traffic?

autodctr

Road traffic is enabled. Road says that it is medium speed. But, no road traffic at all. What am I missing? I always had road traffic in 2019, but none in 2022.

I noticed that road traffic is rare in the current version as well. I checked the usual including the region but that didn't solve the problem.

Road traffic is enabled. Road says that it is medium speed. But, no road traffic at all. What am I missing? I always had road traffic in 2019, but none in 2022.

Make sure you are not using a default Auran region, which no loinger have traffic. You may notice that the default Grid is now painted with grass, that would be a tell tale sign that you are.

You can use one of the many new Grid Regions available on the DLS, they all have traffic enabled, and the ground is the grid we are all used to. Here are a couple that I have made that may help;

<kuid:647907:102143> CDE USA Grid Region
<kuid:647907:102162> CDE UK Grid Region

Here are some from pware;

<kuid:45176:100362> United Kingdom with TRS19 Grid
<kuid:45176:100481> France with TRS19 Grid
<kuid:45176:100488> Germany with TRS19 Grid
<kuid:45176:100499> Switzerland with TRS19 Grid
<kuid:45176:100437> United States with TRS19 Grid
<kuid:45176:100490> Australia with TRS19 Grid

As far as to how much traffic, there is the carrate issue, which this tag should still work with road splines only. The math may have changed, and the car rate may need to be increased for the assets. 0 is no traffic, 3 and above is the 'carrate' (1 and 2 not used?)

Last edited:
Make sure you are not using a default Auran region, which no loinger have traffic. You may notice that the default Grid is now painted with grass, that would be a tell tale sign that you are.

You can use one of the many new Grid Regions available on the DLS, they all have traffic enabled, and the ground is the grid we are all used to. Here are a couple that I have made that may help;

I am using the default region and am actually using the grass for most of my route. How can I fix the road traffic w/o having to redo EVERYTHING?

I noticed that road traffic is rare in the current version as well. I checked the usual including the region but that didn't solve the problem.

I and others have noticed this before. I actually saw this problem in the later builds of TRS19 as well and there have been comments on this in the forum but no definitive answer.

But here is what is strange. A few of my roads are YARNish Divided Highways (specifically 2:506208:100156:1) and they have plenty of traffic. I don't know why this should be but someone more knowledgeable of road splines might come up with an answer.

I and others have noticed this before. I actually saw this problem in the later builds of TRS19 as well and there have been comments on this in the forum but no definitive answer.

But here is what is strange. A few of my roads are YARNish Divided Highways (specifically 2:506208:100156:1) and they have plenty of traffic. I don't know why this should be but someone more knowledgeable of road splines might come up with an answer.

The older roads have the carrate tag in them. This is a not allowed with the new roads and only works in the TS2009 era assets. It's quite a nice feature that was sadly removed from road splines. I use it to kill traffic rather than increase it for my YARN roads with no traffic with various textures such as cobblestones, dirt, and gravel. I use those as parking lots, station approaches and those places where I want the roads without cars disappearing at the end and fill them up with parked vehicles.

You didn't say if you were in Surveyor or driving a session. If in Surveyor, be sure to turn "Pause" off in the menu or you will see no traffic.

Bob

In trhe few miles of roads, I saw nothing in Surveyor. I did actually see ONE car while driving, but it disappeared and NONE came after it.

I've had to insert my Traffic Spawner throughout my route to get any traffic at all.

<kuid:101046:105239> Traffic Spawner Fast Speed DES

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I thought I was in Region Switzerland, but maybe my finger slipped as I definitely have a grass base. I'll try the traffic spawner,,

I'm pretty sure carrate tag still works - should be easy enough to test.

Here is a list of recently added Yarnish road assets available on the DLS with different 'carrate'.
TH = High Density Traffic, TL = Low Density Traffic, SM = Speed Medium (30 mph);

• <kuid:647907:102370> YARNish L2 DL1.5 -Si +Sh, TH SM - CDE
  • <kuid:647907:102362> YARNish L2 DL1 -Si +Sh, TH SM - CDE
  • <kuid:647907:102364> YARNish L2 DL1 -Si +Sh, TL SM - CDE
  • <kuid:647907:102371> YARNish L2 DL1.5 -Si +Sh, TL SM - CDE
  • <kuid:647907:102367> YARNish L2 DL2 -Si +Sh, TH SM - CDE
  • <kuid:647907:102368> YARNish L2 DL2 -Si +Sh, TL SM - CDE

Here is an image of all 6 roads in action;
carrate 02.jpg

This should prove that it still works and I'm hoping that this characteristic of the spline 'isroad' will not be altered in the future.

Search 'CDE Yarnish' in your CM

Last edited:
I am using the default region and am actually using the grass for most of my route. How can I fix the road traffic w/o having to redo EVERYTHING?

This is the killer!. I was certain I had picked Switzerland, but it seems I have got the default instead. In the meantime, I have built up a large, working route lacking only buildings and traffic. I realise I will have to start again from scratch, but it is very annoying. I won't ask why some developers prefer no traffic.

This is the killer!. I was certain I had picked Switzerland, but it seems I have got the default instead. In the meantime, I have built up a large, working route lacking only buildings and traffic. I realise I will have to start again from scratch, but it is very annoying. I won't ask why some developers prefer no traffic.

There is no need to start from scratch.

Open up your route in Surveyor.

Click on edit route. This is found where you would update the environment and is located under a white icon found along the top menu bar in Surveyor.

You can then change your region to the one you want.

There is no need to start from scratch.

Open up your route in Surveyor.

Click on edit route. This is found where you would update the environment and is located under a white icon found along the top menu bar in Surveyor.

You can then change your region to the one you want.
Thanks for the tip. I will certainly try that today.

Well, it worked, but I discovered my route was previously set to UK Age of Steam. Why doesn't that one have traffic? We know many cities had worse traffic jams with horse drawn traffic than occurs today, but there were a few steam driven vehicles. I can remember seeing a steam tractor in use during the War when I was a boy.

Last edited:
Back