Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no road traffic?

Australia, Western Australia, North Perth

Quote Originally Posted by autodctr View Post
    I am using the default region and am actually using the grass for most of my route. How can I fix the road traffic w/o having to redo EVERYTHING?
    This is the killer!. I was certain I had picked Switzerland, but it seems I have got the default instead. In the meantime, I have built up a large, working route lacking only buildings and traffic. I realise I will have to start again from scratch, but it is very annoying. I won't ask why some developers prefer no traffic.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by rhban View Post
    This is the killer!. I was certain I had picked Switzerland, but it seems I have got the default instead. In the meantime, I have built up a large, working route lacking only buildings and traffic. I realise I will have to start again from scratch, but it is very annoying. I won't ask why some developers prefer no traffic.
    There is no need to start from scratch.

Open up your route in Surveyor.

Click on edit route. This is found where you would update the environment and is located under a white icon found along the top menu bar in Surveyor.

You can then change your region to the one you want.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Australia, Western Australia, North Perth

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    There is no need to start from scratch.

Open up your route in Surveyor.

Click on edit route. This is found where you would update the environment and is located under a white icon found along the top menu bar in Surveyor.

You can then change your region to the one you want.
    Thanks for the tip. I will certainly try that today.

Well, it worked, but I discovered my route was previously set to UK Age of Steam. Why doesn't that one have traffic? We know many cities had worse traffic jams with horse drawn traffic than occurs today, but there were a few steam driven vehicles. I can remember seeing a steam tractor in use during the War when I was a boy.
    Last edited by rhban; May 26th, 2022 at 06:21 PM.