Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no road traffic?

Default Why no road traffic?

Road traffic is enabled. Road says that it is medium speed. But, no road traffic at all. What am I missing? I always had road traffic in 2019, but none in 2022.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I noticed that road traffic is rare in the current version as well. I checked the usual including the region but that didn't solve the problem.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by autodctr View Post
    Road traffic is enabled. Road says that it is medium speed. But, no road traffic at all. What am I missing? I always had road traffic in 2019, but none in 2022.
    Make sure you are not using a default Auran region, which no loinger have traffic. You may notice that the default Grid is now painted with grass, that would be a tell tale sign that you are.

You can use one of the many new Grid Regions available on the DLS, they all have traffic enabled, and the ground is the grid we are all used to. Here are a couple that I have made that may help;

<kuid:647907:102143> CDE USA Grid Region
    <kuid:647907:102162> CDE UK Grid Region

Here are some from pware;

<kuid:45176:100362> United Kingdom with TRS19 Grid
    <kuid:45176:100481> France with TRS19 Grid
    <kuid:45176:100488> Germany with TRS19 Grid
    <kuid:45176:100499> Switzerland with TRS19 Grid
    <kuid:45176:100437> United States with TRS19 Grid
    <kuid:45176:100490> Australia with TRS19 Grid

As far as to how much traffic, there is the carrate issue, which this tag should still work with road splines only. The math may have changed, and the car rate may need to be increased for the assets. 0 is no traffic, 3 and above is the 'carrate' (1 and 2 not used?)
    Last edited by Christopher824; April 16th, 2022 at 11:12 AM.
    If it's not broke, don't fix it.

[QUOTE=Christopher824;1921764]Make sure you are not using a default Auran region, which no loinger have traffic. You may notice that the default Grid is now painted with grass, that would be a tell tale sign that you are.

You can use one of the many new Grid Regions available on the DLS, they all have traffic enabled, and the ground is the grid we are all used to. Here are a couple that I have made that may help;

I am using the default region and am actually using the grass for most of my route. How can I fix the road traffic w/o having to redo EVERYTHING?

United States of America, Oregon, Portland

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    I noticed that road traffic is rare in the current version as well. I checked the usual including the region but that didn't solve the problem.
    I and others have noticed this before. I actually saw this problem in the later builds of TRS19 as well and there have been comments on this in the forum but no definitive answer.

But here is what is strange. A few of my roads are YARNish Divided Highways (specifically 2:506208:100156:1) and they have plenty of traffic. I don't know why this should be but someone more knowledgeable of road splines might come up with an answer.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by schweitzerdude View Post
    I and others have noticed this before. I actually saw this problem in the later builds of TRS19 as well and there have been comments on this in the forum but no definitive answer.

But here is what is strange. A few of my roads are YARNish Divided Highways (specifically 2:506208:100156:1) and they have plenty of traffic. I don't know why this should be but someone more knowledgeable of road splines might come up with an answer.
    The older roads have the carrate tag in them. This is a not allowed with the new roads and only works in the TS2009 era assets. It's quite a nice feature that was sadly removed from road splines. I use it to kill traffic rather than increase it for my YARN roads with no traffic with various textures such as cobblestones, dirt, and gravel. I use those as parking lots, station approaches and those places where I want the roads without cars disappearing at the end and fill them up with parked vehicles.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by autodctr View Post
    You didn't say if you were in Surveyor or driving a session. If in Surveyor, be sure to turn "Pause" off in the menu or you will see no traffic.

Bob
    Master Sergeant/E8, U.S. Army, Retired (1972-1993)

In trhe few miles of roads, I saw nothing in Surveyor. I did actually see ONE car while driving, but it disappeared and NONE came after it.

United States of America, Arkansas, Jonesboro

I've had to insert my Traffic Spawner throughout my route to get any traffic at all.

<kuid:101046:105239> Traffic Spawner Fast Speed DES

Switched to Road USA and now I have a lot of traffic. Weird. That really needs fixed.

Australia, Western Australia, North Perth

Quote Originally Posted by MSGSapper View Post
    You didn't say if you were in Surveyor or driving a session. If in Surveyor, be sure to turn "Pause" off in the menu or you will see no traffic.

Bob
    I meant in "Drive Session"

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I thought I was in Region Switzerland, but maybe my finger slipped as I definitely have a grass base. I'll try the traffic spawner,,

I'm pretty sure carrate tag still works - should be easy enough to test.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

I tried your traffic spawner, but it didn't do anything. Is it just for Windows?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    I'm pretty sure carrate tag still works - should be easy enough to test.
    Here is a list of recently added Yarnish road assets available on the DLS with different 'carrate'.
    TH = High Density Traffic, TL = Low Density Traffic, SM = Speed Medium (30 mph);

• <kuid:647907:102370> YARNish L2 DL1.5 -Si +Sh, TH SM - CDE
    • <kuid:647907:102362> YARNish L2 DL1 -Si +Sh, TH SM - CDE
    • <kuid:647907:102364> YARNish L2 DL1 -Si +Sh, TL SM - CDE
    • <kuid:647907:102371> YARNish L2 DL1.5 -Si +Sh, TL SM - CDE
    • <kuid:647907:102367> YARNish L2 DL2 -Si +Sh, TH SM - CDE
    • <kuid:647907:102368> YARNish L2 DL2 -Si +Sh, TL SM - CDE

Here is an image of all 6 roads in action;

This should prove that it still works and I'm hoping that this characteristic of the spline 'isroad' will not be altered in the future.

Search 'CDE Yarnish' in your CM
    Last edited by Christopher824; May 25th, 2022 at 10:20 AM.
    If it's not broke, don't fix it.