Australia... Trip Report: 707 Operations - The Walkerlander

euromodeller

Imagineer
I found this video very intersesting because until now I had not bothered watching vids from Oz, but recently, due to the fantastic screenshots in the Oz forums, I decided to view it to try and gain a bit of knowledge about what goes on, I am very impressed!
In between working on Trainz I have to take many breaks due to health reasons, which gives me time to sit in my recliner chair and watch videos.
I shall be seeking out more Oz vids, if you have any suggestions, pop the vids on here....

From the video notes...
"Steam trains have returned to the Victorian mainline! In this episode we ride 707 Operations trip to Castlemaine, then a bus over to the Daylesford Spa Railway for Walkerfest 2022! Come along on the journey and find out all about some great heritage train travel in Victoria, Australia!"

Cheers,

Graham

I've been doing the same. This gives me a nice break from route building or doing other things and lets me enjoy other places in the world. I watched some operations in and around parts of NSW. These were railfan videos of train operations at various locations which prompted me to look at them in Google Earth. If I come across them again, I'll post the links.

In these videos, has anyone else noticed how familiar the track looks?

Try this channel out, some nice film of South Australia in the steam and early railcar days .The engines used were a mix of us and Uk designs and were quite distinctive, we had broad gauge, two sorts of narrow gauge , standard gauge too. I'm constructing the Willunga line as one of my next projects and found this channel during my research
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkNjbKPERSk9nMTkZ2_kzw/videos

Last edited:
Thank you all for your contributions, I have a growing collection now of Australian Railway Vids to watch.
What about NZ vids? any recomendations.
Could EuroModeller branch out to become an OzModeller? Who knows eh! ;)

Cheers,
Graham

Thank you all for your contributions, I have a growing collection now of Australian Railway Vids to watch.
What about NZ vids? any recomendations.
Could EuroModeller branch out to become an OzModeller? Who knows eh! ;)

Cheers,
Graham
That would be an interesting prospect ,we could certainly use your skills, but you have fingers in many pies, taking on more isn't taking it easy is it . ? ��

That would be an interesting prospect ,we could certainly use your skills, but you have fingers in many pies, taking on more isn't taking it easy is it . ? ��

Thanks Dan,
If I do make an Oz or NZ route it will not be until I finish the Darjeeling update, which will be sometime this year.
I like pies, the different flavours keep my interest going. :D

Graham

Thanks Dan,
If I do make an Oz or NZ route it will not be until I finish the Darjeeling update, which will be sometime this year.
I like pies, the different flavours keep my interest going. :D

Graham

I never thought i would make an Australian railway after doing so much US NG, but I recently decided to go ahead with one, I am making the Willunga line, a short route of some 20 odd miles , but one with some interesting aspects, all pulled up in 1973, I live near it, thus my interest. The rolling stock etc mostly exists, but its short on prototypical buildings and some other items.

Back