Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlas True-Track H0

@Sister, looks cool, the track bed might need a coat of pbr paint. After you finish up modelling “model track kits”, be ok you knock up an invisible (mocrossing) mesh for the insertion of track feed clips (Art: Fleischmann 6431).

All in the respects of being together. #COVIDSafe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    @Ricomon35 Thanks for the texture. I'll check which and how's better for the use in this project.
    @JCitron I don't know if I'll create a underboard switch. Anyway the switch motor which is within the model is not the real switch but just a animated object to simulate the prototipe. The real switch will have to be an invisible one as you suggested. The turnout will work as the old TRS2006 Andi06's turnouts (or was TRS2004?).
    It could worth to ask N3V to change the rule which says only one track for every a.track point. If you would able to attach more than one track it would be simplier to create fixed track turnouts...
    The problem is they did and still do provide for a junction-vertices container in fixed track that indicates junction vertices and junction lever meshes. You can connect 2 out tracks to the in track at the junction vertex and trains can pass thru the junction. There is track continuity thru the junction vertex on all attached tracks. The problem is you can't attach a junction lever to that vertex and no way to switch it. You can access the fixed track junctions thru scripting and you might be able to hack something that works. I know Andi06 played around with these a lot. I think he had a way to make it work but mere mortals like us don't stand much of a chance.

I use buildables to make turnout templates based on AREMOWA, AREA and PRR standards from the steam era. Clearly these are not the same but they are also scenery with track assets that I set out in Surveyor. You then add 3 spline track segments between vertices on the template and add a switch lever. You can copy and paste any number of them which saves the overhead of connection up the 3 initial track section. Or you can do it 1 at a time. Either way you can move, rotate, roll and/or raise the template w/track into position on the layout. Delete the template and the track and lever are left behind forming a very accurate frog angle and lead (distance between the frog and switch blade points). Now add in the 2 missing track sections and you have a working turnout. At this point it's all spline track which can be procedural if you like. You can add/modify grades thru th e turnout as you like but if you try to adjust other things after that - well you are left at the mercy of manual track placement in Trainz and the accuracy of the track laid will suffer.

Maybe with S2.0 we can copy the spline track after the template is deleted and turnout completed and then paste and fine tune to a new location. I have S2.0 but just haven't found the time to try it out. Currently in surveyor I can only copy and paste the template and move it around using the scenery tools with a partially completed turnout attached to it. Once the template is removed to finish the turnout the track can't be relocated with any precision as a unit.

I'll also note the unfortunate new "feature" where existing spline track snaps to the location of the end vertex of a new section of track you are laying instead of the new end snapping to an existing one. To clarify, the starting vertex works correctly it's the end vertex that's snuffed up. In worst cases it even adds a very short track section connecting the 2 end points. To work around this feature, you have to resort to things akin to "wiring" up andi06's old turnouts. Which also has to be done with my templates because N3V won't let you connect 2 vertices in the template using a single spline section between them. But after you connect them with using 2 spline sections and delete the extra vertex you created, you're left with a single spline section between the 2 vertices. It's worked like that for 15 years, I guess.

Rant ended.

Great work on the MR track. It doesn't really work for me on my MR version of the EBTRR. I'm using procedural track to try to match the prototype. Besides I need HO, HOn3 and dual gauge versions.

Bob Pearson
    TRAINZ-UTC-TRS04-TRS06-TC1&2-TC3-TS09-TS10-TS12-TANE(TEG)-TMR17-TRS19-TRS22
    Member since 6-14-2002

Quote Originally Posted by RPearson View Post
    The problem is they did and still do provide for a junction-vertices container in fixed track that indicates junction vertices and junction lever meshes. You can connect 2 out tracks to the in track at the junction vertex and trains can pass thru the junction. There is track continuity thru the junction vertex on all attached tracks. The problem is you can't attach a junction lever to that vertex and no way to switch it. You can access the fixed track junctions thru scripting and you might be able to hack something that works. I know Andi06 played around with these a lot. I think he had a way to make it work but mere mortals like us don't stand much of a chance.

I use buildables to make turnout templates based on AREMOWA, AREA and PRR standards from the steam era. Clearly these are not the same but they are also scenery with track assets that I set out in Surveyor. You then add 3 spline track segments between vertices on the template and add a switch lever. You can copy and paste any number of them which saves the overhead of connection up the 3 initial track section. Or you can do it 1 at a time. Either way you can move, rotate, roll and/or raise the template w/track into position on the layout. Delete the template and the track and lever are left behind forming a very accurate frog angle and lead (distance between the frog and switch blade points). Now add in the 2 missing track sections and you have a working turnout. At this point it's all spline track which can be procedural if you like. ....

Bob Pearson
    I thank you very much, Bob, for your considerations and suggestions. I was keen to use the old Andi06 way to do things (3 partial tracks to be connect by user) 'couse I think is the simplier way for everyone to do it. I'll see what other I'll be able to do on the matter.
    Roberto (sister)

I sure hope you can get this to work. I have dozens of track plans that I've always wanted to try, but I just don't have the room, or funds to do so. Atlas had a program called Right Track, and it's only drawback was that you couldn't run trains in it. Trainz is great and all, but using Surveyor 2.0 to build a model railroad is driving me nuts. Freehand laying of track is annoying. Drop the pieces where they go is more my style.
    Good Luck with the project!

@ warzog TY
    at the moment there is a little stand-by due to summer (at least) vacation. I prepared all the fixed tracks in a way but decided later to change it and now they are beyond middle way to be ready.
    Roberto (sister)

Curious, can the track be used full size, or only on model railroadz? Or... are they the same except for the "room"? (I've only had TRS22 since Monday.)

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by warzog View Post
    Curious, can the track be used full size, or only on model railroadz? Or... are they the same except for the "room"? (I've only had TRS22 since Monday.)
    The model railroadz are one in the same as the full size. The difference is how the assets are placed on the baseboards to make up a room with the floor carved out. If you want to get fancy, you can set the scale of your route in the Route setup, but that only affects the rulers and nothing else, so people rarely use that.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    The model railroadz are one in the same as the full size. The difference is how the assets are placed on the baseboards to make up a room with the floor carved out. If you want to get fancy, you can set the scale of your route in the Route setup, but that only affects the rulers and nothing else, so people rarely use that.
    Thanx!
    I kinda figure that was it. (I'm still learning.)

Blog Entries

This is really cool! Every Christmas as a kid I would receive an Atlas train set, you brought back memories my friend and I look forward to using these.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris750 View Post
    This is really cool! Every Christmas as a kid I would receive an Atlas train set, you brought back memories my friend and I look forward to using these.
    I hope to be able you'll can have your desidered gift this Xmas LOL
    Roberto (sister)

Default Yo

Quote Originally Posted by ricomon35 View Post
    You're welcome.

If you want the corrected, equalized and cleaned texture, PM me
    https://nexthash.com/otc-trading-platform

Rico
    amazing, thanks to you both look at tabletop miniature game

regards
    Last edited by sarahclark; October 13th, 2022 at 12:36 PM.