Flipping track segments and their trackside assets

hutten

Hello,

In the recent build 117297, I (still) find that, in some cases, track segments are flipping when I connect them to a fixed asset, e.g. a railway crossing. It is not easily observed from the track itself, but from the fact that all the trackside object are found on the other end and pointing the other way. The segment in its entirety appears to be flipped by 180 degrees.
It can be circumvented by introducing a new piece of track and then deleting the newly introduced spline point. It does not always work the same way, however, it all depends on the "directionality" of all the components involved and in the way the new piece of track is connected to what is already there. Cumbersome, and I definitely consider this to be a bug.
Fortunately, there is Ctrl-Z, but this does not always restore the previous situation and then all is lost.
I have read about this in earlier posts, but at that time I had not experienced this effect myself since I do not often lay track.

Regards,
Paul

You beat me to this, Paul!

I just ran into this last night and was preparing to write something up. I reported this before, and I wonder if something broke in a recent update.

Hi John,

Probably I read your post some time ago.
Actually, I am doing repairs on a misbehaving railway crossing, an mocrossing type of asset, where tracks and roads are found to have swapped attachment points (how come? the asset has proper track and road attachment points...).
I disconnect tracks and roads, and replace the asset... by a new instance of the same asset.
So far, I think the safe method is to first attach a new piece of track to the crossing attachment point, move the end outwards and connect it to the proper track spline. Then grab the newly created spline point and move it towards the crossing, as close as possible. The delete the spline point.

Regards,
Paul

Hi John,

Probably I read your post some time ago.
Actually, I am doing repairs on a misbehaving railway crossing, an mocrossing type of asset, where tracks and roads are found to have swapped attachment points (how come? the asset has proper track and road attachment points...).
I disconnect tracks and roads, and replace the asset... by a new instance of the same asset.
So far, I think the safe method is to first attach a new piece of track to the crossing attachment point, move the end outwards and connect it to the proper track spline. Then grab the newly created spline point and move it towards the crossing, as close as possible. The delete the spline point.

Regards,
Paul

I'm going to try your method because I am also repairing an old route and replacing crossings and even some old stations. It was when I replaced the old stations, yet another fixed-track-asset, that my signals and junction levers switched around. I was lucky that i had a spline point nearby that prevent this from hitting everything including a nearby bridge with track-object abutments. The good news is at least this doesn't cause all the track objects to "disappear" but in reality, end up down the line somewhere down piled up against a bridge. That used to be a nice feature in TS10 and early TS12. I once had a stack of speed limit signs, junction levers, and some signals all in one place.

Last edited:
Hi John,

The piling up may be another nice "feature"... I was replacing a fixed-asset junction asset with new procedural track to create a junction, and then experienced that a signal or a catenary pole moved all the way to my new spline point.

Regards,
Paul

Back