Need help with layers.

Jayco-man

I can't seem to fine anything you pick to be able to change something from one layer to another, any help would be appreciated. :confused:

I do it by going into surveyor classic mode then click on the '?' icon, when you click on the item a box comes up, in the top right hand corner it shows the layer it is in, use the arrows to change the layer. I use this when I have accidentally placed an object but am working in the wrong layer, session for instance rather than Route!

You should be able to do it in 2.0 without going into 1.0.

There is a little icon that tells you what type of asset it is that will appear on (or kinda over) the asset when you select it on the map. Clicking on that icon will bring up a menu & the last (or close to last) option is the edit the asset's properties. This will bring up the same window as the ? button in 1.0.

peter

Speaking of layers in TRS22:

In TRS22+ which I have (so I don't know if it's true for TRS22 regular), there is a bug that you should be aware of. If you have the route layer selected as the layer you want to put objects and splines on, and you go to Surveyor 2.0, when you return to Classic the chosen layer will be session, without warning. Of course this means that any objects or splines added after you return to Classic will be on the session layer. I reported this bug several days but was told it had already been reported, which is good. As of the latest build of TRS22+ (117297) this has not yet been fixed. For most users this will not be a problem unless you have multiple sessions, and a merge of session stuff to route layer should fix it. However, if you are not saving the session routinely, be aware of potential problems.

Why would someone not save the session routinely? It has to do with UDS. If you want to preserve the original start position of trains, the advice is to not save the session, since the current location of trains is stored in the session. This advice along with the layer bug got me into trouble.

Last edited:
In S20 you can display and change the layer of an object as shown below.

1. Select the object.
2. On the bottom right of the screen is the Info Palette/Panel - it will identify the name and layer of the object.

Leyers-Tool-S20-1.png

3. Click on the small pointer next to the layer name. This will open the Layer data for that object.

Leyers-Tool-S20-2.png

4. Here you can change the layer data for the selected object.

Back