Password Security

116493 is very stable in my experience. The trick is keeping the app versions and route folder sorted. If you are starting fresh, create a new empty folder and give it the name of your route. If you have more than one version of the app, rename the app to include the version number. Open the launcher and go to Settings, Install and using the 3 dot button go to your new empty route folder and select it. Relaunch the app and confirm the install is connected to your route folder. Start the game and build a route. Save the route with a name. It will be saved to your new route folder. Backup the Route folder to an external drive dedicated to your routes and Trainz related archives.

Sometimes after installing a patch the app will no longer be connected to your route folder. This window popup is a sign you need to go to the 3 dots and reconnect the route folder.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-15-at-10-11-23-AM.png

Hang in there.

I'm going to give that a try. This build, 117042, was great when I first installed it - it corrected a number of issues that I'd had before, but then suddenly over night, everything changed: vast numbers of assets disappeared, leaving my route nearly all faulty - I don't think I could live without DMT stations! - but they've been removed along with the AJS ones.

I'm going to give that a try. This build, 117042, was great when I first installed it - it corrected a number of issues that I'd had before, but then suddenly over night, everything changed: vast numbers of assets disappeared, leaving my route nearly all faulty - I don't think I could live without DMT stations! - but they've been removed along with the AJS ones.

Well, I did try and I know it worked for me before, but this time:
Screen_Shot_2022-04-16_at_1.18.24_pm.png

Presumably, I can't download the file because I am already running 117042. I had a go today driving some of the sessions I have installed. They worked fine, but they are not routes and sessions I created, so I have no interest.

That simply means you still haven't updated those Store Content Updates yet - along with any other updates available when you run an 'Out of Date' filter query in Content Manager.
Sounds like you've made some real progress - Just need to complete the updating tasks and connecting to your old UserData folder files.

Keep in mind, Trainz 22 is beta, so there will be bugs. You may want to wait until it is released for route editing. Then again Surveyor 2.0 is under the plus stuff which is beta.

That simply means you still haven't updated those Store Content Updates yet - along with any other updates available when you run an 'Out of Date' filter query in Content Manager.
Sounds like you've made some real progress - Just need to complete the updating tasks and connecting to your old UserData folder files.

I'm not totally sure what you mean. I don't see any files in Content Manager that say they need updating, and as I wrote somewhere above, over half of the free installs won't install for me - even the "show error" doesn't work.
I'm going to have a go with one of the few locomotives that are left in my asset file (I think they are all steam), but there are still problems with signals: I drive on the left hand side, but I now have no available signals that will sit on the left of the track and still point in the correct direction for my driver to see them.

Had another look at Content. This is the result of trying to install Settle-Carlisle:
Screen_Shot_2022-04-17_at_7.59.53_am.png

and this from Andrushivka (hope spelling is correct - these Ukrainian routes may soon be historical curiosities:
Screen_Shot_2022-04-17_at_8.09.25_am.png

I have of course no idea how obtain precached data for packages.
I also had a look at the faults now listed for my route, none of which were there a couple of days ago. The DMT stations were among them and they are allegedly missing a mask, but I can't track that down. Anyway, why are they missing something that was not a fault before?

You can safely ignore the 'failure to download pre-cached data' messages. These accompany all beta builds. (Do your own pre-caching of all installed assets with TrainzUtil.exe 'prebuild' command from the Developer menu if desired).
List the dependencies for S&C in Content Manager and download any you're missing. Sometimes, you'll find they are assets from other UK packages, like ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh, and the like...
Make sure to download all of the Australian Route content packages to ensure you have installed all of your desired content/ features.
Content Store download errors can usually be fixed/ disappeared by using the retry option.

Last edited:
You can safely ignore the 'failure to download pre-cached data' messages. These accompany all beta builds. (Do your own pre-caching of all installed assets with TrainzUtil.exe 'prebuild' command from the Developer menu if desired).
List the dependencies for S&C in Content Manager and download any you're missing. Sometimes, you'll find they are assets from other UK packages, like ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh, and the like...
Make sure to download all of the Australian Route content packages to ensure you have installed all of your desired content/ features.
Content Store download errors can usually be fixed/ disappeared by using the retry option.

I use Macintosh, so .exe files cannot be used - Mac usually thinks it's a mistake for .txt! I have tried "retry" so far without success. I have another unused version of 117042, downloaded by mistake. I had thought of using that and making a clean start, but I am reluctant to lose the part of my route that I have begun and was ready for testing until I discovered I had no usable signals nor locomotives I liked.

OK, after some fiddling with dependencies - no idea exactly what I did! - my route has returned with working signals and DMT stations, but I cannot do anything with the 4 track AJS station. Apparently, the program cannot delete what it won't recognise:
Screen_Shot_2022-04-18_at_8.33.06_am.png

Ignore the platforms, they're not part of an invisible station. It's the yellow circles which were the part the tracks attach to and which constitute AJS invisible station 4t. I have deleted the tracks so as see what I was doing, but so far nothing I try will delete the "station". Any ideas? The station is still listed in red in my assets, but that doesn't help. For some reason AJS invisible station 1t is considered OK by this build, but I tried deleting using that name without success too.

Well, I hid that remains of that station in a tunnel, and, much to my amazement, I can apparently now edit and operate my route without problems. I've got my BR post signals and 4 phase gantry signals working, so for the moment, I'm ignoring all that red stuff in the Contents folder.

I forgot to mention: yesterday, all the assets marked in red as faulty are now apparently no longer faulty.

Back