Pacific Northwest Screenshots

SP manifest climbing the grades on the BC&SJ:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

What is a "U-boat"??
Regards,

The U-Boat was a class of Nazi submarine that were very efficient and reliable. When General Electric released their Universal Series of engines starting with the U25B and U25C, the name was added due to the preceding "U." The name was also given because they were a tank of a locomotive line that was reliable and served railroads for decades. The U-Boat, in this case, is the American locomotive type. I have a feeling a few made it into Canada too :)

Ah yes, the U30/33/36Cs, all known for their reliability.

They, in fact, we’re very reliable when maintained and operated correctly. Union Pacific had U-Boats that survived into the late 80’s, CSX had some into the 2000’s.

If you are being sarcastic, nobody asked for your opinion. Get off my thread.

NBandW, those are some awesome shots. Keep it up!

Thanks for the clarification.

I was familiar with the WW II term U-Boat but did not know it had also been used in the railroad sector.

Great pics folks! Please continue...

- wmm1216

They, in fact, we’re very reliable when maintained and operated correctly. Union Pacific had U-Boats that survived into the late 80’s, CSX had some into the 2000’s.

Santa Fe and BN also had U boats that lasted 80's and 90's. Plus a number of U boats made it into second hand service on regionals and short lines. But the key was maintaining them... something the Southern Pacific and the Rock Island failed to do.

A quiet excursion on the BC&SJ route one moment...
4CFpOTe.jpg

...aaaaand an eldritch horror of physics bugs the next.
[FONT=&quot]
qqtGpfU.png
[/FONT]

Back