Here`s a tip

lenscab

Now we are all getting use to and finding things out with 2022 and here is something you will find quick and easy.
its a bit frustrating when you have put an asset near to an industry, platform or even a switch and you need to move it.
You can mess about with layers and lock and hide but here is what I do.
First select the free move tool, then press the ALT key on the the keyboard, which brings up the eyedropper tool, and slowly move around the asset
that you want to move until you see the name of the asset appear, then without moving the mouse let go the ALT button and left click the mouse and the asset is selected for you to move or whatever. Hope you find this easy and helpful.
I just wish I could do the bulk replace without going into 2019.
Len

There's an even easier way - select the category of asset you want to select/move (e.g. Train), change the Filter to Filter Selection, now the Free Move tool will only target trains (and avoid selecting industries, bridges, or anything else in the way).

Don't forget to change back to Filer List afterwards to re-enable selection for all objects.

By "going into 2019" do you mean Classic? If not, to bulk replace, just switch to Classic, then select the Bulk Replace tool (it's two extra clicks for now, but a fair amount of work to rework the tool for S20, hence the delay in moving it over).

Back