Commodities Chart?

enilkja

Has anyone created a commodities chart for Kickstarter County showing which shippers ship which commodities to specific consignees? Sometimes I also struggle figuring out which specific car loads which commodities?

No, it doesn't exist. A couple of decades ago there was a chart included in the manual for TRS2006 that covered the built-in industries only. I gave up years ago with the Lionel toy trains industry system as it hasn't had an update in 18 years. I use good old fashion paper waybills to manage freight movements.

https://www.screencast.com/t/mGYWmyCbOm

Last edited:
Preparing for a session, it's homework time. I use Content Manager to 'Edit Asset in Surveyor,' (Session) and then look at the industries on the route.

Finding out that Content Manager and Surveyor could be used simultaneously was a great help. 'List Dependents' for a Commodity will reveal Freight Cars that are configured to load it; Freight Cars will list what they load with 'List Dependencies.' Industries such as Lumber Mill, Coal Mine, Forestry, Refinery, will show what Commodities they load/unload with 'List Dependencies,' while the Multiple_Industry_New must be configured in Surveyor to the cars available.

Kickstarter, IIRC, most commodities picked up can be delivered somewhere else on the map. A chart would be a good idea for Kickstarter is the introduction to Trainz for many.

Last edited:
Here is one that I made myself. I will admit it's not the easiest to read what is going on, that's why I hope the arrows help at least somehow.

gkLoIPd.png

If you are talking about default KSC2 Multiplayer Session, it's pretty simple.

Boxcars can carry General Goods, Palletised Goods, Steel Coils, Hardware, Paper, and Vegetables.
Flatcars can carry Logs, Lumber, General Goods, and Steel Rods.
Oil tankers can carry Diesel.
Gondolas can carry Woodchips.
Hoppers can carry coal.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I like spreadsheets, but mine are fairly basic. I haven't come close to learning what LibreOffice Calc can do.
For the KSC2 session that everyone seems to be addressing, I just covered a piece of scrap paper with scribbles and arrows.

I like spreadsheets, but mine are fairly basic. I haven't come close to learning what LibreOffice Calc can do.
For the KSC2 session that everyone seems to be addressing, I just covered a piece of scrap paper with scribbles and arrows.

That works for small routes, but mine tend to get quite lengthy. I also used Visio and used flowcharts for the different divisions on a really large complex route, but a spreadsheet was easier to layout.

Calc from Open Office isn't quite as powerful as Excel, but I purchased Office 2013 a decade ago and it still works for me which is why I use that instead. I used to use Excel quite a lot when I worked for complex things including data downloads and queries from the company SQL-based business server to track order history, and inventory.

Back