Copy Commands

rmdk

Trainz 22 - version 117092

I was wondering if there is any easy way of copying the driver commands directly from the Driver Page into the 'copy commands' driver command?

The reason I ask is that I do a lot of work in driver, getting things working as I want, then working through them and put them into the 'copy commands' one by one.

This can be cumbersome when there are a lot of commands to copy.

Russell

There is a way to insert schedule from another driver if you want to try that, but I have found that to be a bit on the quirky side and doesn't always work as planned.

You can, however, create a single schedule in the Schedule Library and then replicate that one as many times as you need to then adjust the driver commands as needed. This works well when you have a bunch of AI drivers that more or less follow the same schedule with some difference as found with passenger and transit routes.

Last edited:
What i sometimes do here, copy the entire Driver Setup
open notepad and paste, now you have a text version of Driver Setup
I have this open on another monitor
then I open the schedule rule and make new entries
after a while you understand the way things are in the notepad and easy to make the entries
Ideal would be if we could simply save a schedule, much like a scrapbook or consist works

What i sometimes do here, copy the entire Driver Setup
open notepad and paste, now you have a text version of Driver Setup
I have this open on another monitor
then I open the schedule rule and make new entries
after a while you understand the way things are in the notepad and easy to make the entries
Ideal would be if we could simply save a schedule, much like a scrapbook or consist works

I've done a similar thing when I wanted to recreate a schedule from a corrupted session. I opened the profile.dat file and was able to see the different schedules I setup in the Schedule Library. A scrapbook sort of already exists. The Schedule Library can be copied and pasted. If a scrapbook route is setup with a generic session, the generic session could be used to hold multiple Schedule Library entries that can be copied and pasted into other routes as needed.

Still need to make a good session template for myself

I always delete:
-Enhanced Towers (forgot name)

I always add:
-Trackview rule
-Set Driver Conditons Rule
-Loco Light control rule
-Schedule Rule

then have to add driver commands:
-Load At
-Passenger door control
-Drive to trackmark
-Copy commands from
-Change Destination Sign
-Instant Load

Thanks for your suggestions.

It doesn’t look like I can do it the way I was hoping.

Russell

Back