Help select the TRS22 Menu Music

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We know that everyone has an opinion on the TRS19 menu music. Well, now it's time to select the TRS22 music.

While we know the end choice will not appeal to everyone, the goal is to find something that is going to appeal to as many people as possible.

To start the process off, we need to find the types of music people think they would like to hear while in the Trainz Menu. (Remember that it's a background track, you're not looking to find your favorite disco track).

Send us your choices and from there we will narrow things down to somewhat of a short list, then run a poll to try and find an outright winner.

Here's how it will work:
Step 1: Visit this Royalty Free Music website and enter some search terms (we won't suggest anything to avoid pre-conceived ideas)
Step 2: Listen to the samples at a "soft volume" (and be prepared to hear the "Preview" voice-mark frequently)
Step 3: Narrow down your list to THREE favorites
Step 4: Post your links from the website in this thread

NOTE: Links not from the link above will be ignored.

So, have some fun, and see if you can find just the right track that appeals to everyone!

Last edited:
Represents the heyday of the railroads in the 1920s and 30s such as the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central
Swanky Pants Vintage Jazz Royalty Free Music by Patrick Coen (royaltyfreemusicclips.com)

Just a nice piece. The beginning can be looped well.
A typical day Royalty Free Music by Ausilio Camboni (royaltyfreemusicclips.com)

Nice Jazz or Swing piece that harks back to the innocent times of the 1940s.
If You See Me Skipping Royalty Free Music by Stuart Moore (royaltyfreemusicclips.com)

There's so many of them, but so many sound too harsh which will be annoying if looped for too long.

Way too many. It's not easy is it. :)

Definitely not easy, but fun. I studied music and piano since I was 7 and still study and play today so this was even more interesting for me.

I would provide something for you, but it would take too long, and I don't think too many people would want Classical music. :)

While we know the end choice will not appeal to everyone, the goal is to find something that is going to appeal to as many people as possible.

So maybe take the best of the best and splice them together so it's just one piece.

To me, it would be cool to have sound clips from the sim itself spliced together. Clickity Clacks, Horns, Engine Sounds or any sound that comes from the sim. If I remember correctly, TANE had this type of sound file when you opened it. I liked that, after all it is a railroad simulator.

So maybe take the best of the best and splice them together so it's just one piece.

To me, it would be cool to have sound clips from the sim itself spliced together. Clickity Clacks, Horns, Engine Sounds or any sound that comes from the sim. If I remember correctly, TANE had this type of sound file when you opened it. I liked that, after all it is a railroad simulator.

NO, NO, NO! TRS2004 had that horrible collection of train sounds and it couldn't be turned off. Its only value was since it took so long for TRS2004 to start up, you could go out a mow the grass and still hear when it quit and you could go back inside.

NO, NO, NO! TRS2004 had that horrible collection of train sounds and it couldn't be turned off. Its only value was since it took so long for TRS2004 to start up, you could go out a mow the grass and still hear when it quit and you could go back inside.

Maybe then infuse the sim sounds gently into the sound track as subliminal

I also enjoyed hearing the intro where you would hear the train sounds on opening, and do miss it.

https://www.royaltyfreemusicclips.com/music-download/the-last-train-8535/

https://www.royaltyfreemusicclips.com/music-download/neo-technology-17823/

https://www.royaltyfreemusicclips.com/music-download/cityspeak-18451/

https://www.royaltyfreemusicclips.com/music-download/wide-open-world-21411/

Last edited:
Tony.
Most of the tracks recommended so far are full tracks, containing bridges and some have crescendos.
In a background situation these may not be fit for purpose.
I do this a lot with videos I produce - and almost exclusively use Loops - no bridge + the last note matches the first so they just go round uninterrupted.
In the Loops section on the Royalty Free site check out these examples on pages 1-3 - "Peaceful Hope Loop", City Skyline Loop", Wake Up in the Morning".
Cheers
NickE

What about a settings option to point at a music file of our own, on disk ? That way we could swap it when we got sick of it.

Back