Maybe gonna migrate to TS2010

PivBoi

Trinidad Kiddo
over here on trainz 2009 currently has many annoying countless bugs like my quickdrive button not coming up
cant edit an asset ingame to add food,crates etc
the list goes on and on

the only place i see selling TS2010 is on amazon
any advice should i migrate or stay?

edit: when i now look it says that this is for only people in the US :'(
i guess i might move to TS12 then

Check out our Steam Sale
All Trainz versions and almost all DLC on sale until April 4th.

TRS19 Full Version $3.99
TANE $2.99
TS12 $1.99

TS2010 is very similar to TS2009 your best bet is upgrading to TS12 or try out TANE. In my opinion TS12 is the best pre-TANE era Trainz game.

IMHO 12 would be the way to go if you don't want to hop to T:ANE, but if you've a lot of your own routes and sessions to port over, 12 would be a good intermediate step.

I got 10 for Tume's Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel and now that's in T:ANE I do more with 9 and 12 and hardly ever run 10.

The jump from 9 to 12 requires som minor work in updating commands but the scenery and sessions port over readily. The jump from 12 to T:ANE requires more work on the scenery, but the performance is so much better, it's worth it to me.

:B~)

I moved from TS2009 which I liked a lot over to TS2012 and never regretted it. I only moved away from TS2012 to the later 64 bit versions of Trainz because TS2012 was starting to struggle with the routes I was building. At some stage I did buy TS2010 from GamersGate just before it became no longer available, but ended up hardly ever using it.

I would jump right into TANE and be done with it because the billboard trees render properly alongside the Speed Trees.

TS2010, prior to SP4 had a compatibility mode that rendered the billboard trees properly just as TS2009 did. SP4 came out and that compatibility went away, and Speed Trees were introduced. When that occurred, the billboard trees became invisible ghosts and never worked.

Going from TS2009 to TS12 is easy, but now this is like TS2010 SP4 with invisible billboard trees and a lot more Speed Trees. Going from TS12 then to TANE later means a lot of extra work because the Speed Trees have to be swapped out for something else for invisible billboards prior to importing any routes into TANE, so doing this all-in shot is easier.

The remaining issue now is what kind of computer hardware do you have? Older slower hardware doesn't like newer versions of Trainz and 64-bit Windows.

I just never could warm up to speedtrees. For me they kill any realism, except for Profig's.

In TS12, you lose the new lighting but can use Profig's trees and some excellent billboard trees from a Polish creator. I don't have a link handy but if you search Emily Branch, there is a link to them in that thread.

In TANE, you get better lighting but lose the use of Profig's trees. The billboard trees I mentioned still look great.

In my opinion, try TS12 AND TANE. Base your decision off of actual use. While you are looking at Emily Bay, get the route. It is an excellent route.

Have you thought of saving all of your custom work to cdp files and reinstalling 09?
If your computer locks up much and you do a forced shut down, it may damage the Trainz database.
Perhaps this doesn't help you.

That doesn't help you if you're wanting features not in 09.

my computer specs:

Processor AMD 3020e with Radeon Graphics 1.20 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.38 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Trying to reply to all of your replies
i have upated to TS12 instead of 1
heard somewhere that TS10 was ts10 was some things added to trainz that wernt added to 09
because of time
some of the inbuild routes have butchered my FPS but not that much i am ok with it
my 1 route i have been building in 09 has been reduced so somewhat irrepareable I would make a new route
taking some advice like blending 2D Trees with the speedtrees

"Have you thought of saving all of your custom work to cdp files and reinstalling 09?
If your computer locks up much and you do a forced shut down, it may damage the Trainz database.
Perhaps this doesn't help you."

I still have TS09 here
If im ok i would install T:ANE sometime soon
PEVSoft swaying effect i have been using proved to be a bit buggy sometimes :/
TS12 is good but some FPS have been lost i am good with it

[FONT=&quot]irreparable

[/FONT]

my computer specs:

Processor AMD 3020e with Radeon Graphics 1.20 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.38 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Trying to reply to all of your replies
i have upated to TS12 instead of 1
heard somewhere that TS10 was ts10 was some things added to trainz that wernt added to 09
because of time
some of the inbuild routes have butchered my FPS but not that much i am ok with it
my 1 route i have been building in 09 has been reduced so somewhat irrepareable I would make a new route
taking some advice like blending 2D Trees with the speedtrees

"Have you thought of saving all of your custom work to cdp files and reinstalling 09?
Perhaps this doesn't help you."

I still have TS09 here
If im ok i would install T:ANE sometime soon
PEVSoft swaying effect i have been using proved to be a bit buggy sometimes :/
TS12 is good but some FPS have been lost i am good with it

irreparable

beware the three hour database rebuilds, it was notorious for those ....you'd start the game and then have to wait forever for them to finish, you could not stop them, I preferred 2010 as at least it didn't impose these lengthy time killers randomly when you went to play .

database rebuilds of death :skull:

btw how do you change up the trees ? the seasonal speedtrees that are built in?
+ the water rippling effect seen in

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">

Going against the majority of the flow I preferred TS10 to TS12. I haven't used it in awhile but I really liked that version of Trainz. I got on the TANE game so any routes I created obviously can't be back dated.

Once you place the speedtrees and any other seasonal assets you simply change the date to see the change. I believe this is done in the environment settings click on location and you can change the date. To change the water you also do this in the environment settings, just click how you want the water to react glassy, rough, rippling ect.

TS12 felt much buggier to TS2010, and the EDR issue is massive. Both of them feel TERRIBLE compared to TANE, which itself feels terrible to TRS19.

Once you place the speedtrees and any other seasonal assets you simply change the date to see the change. I believe this is done in the environment settings click on location and you can change the date. To change the water you also do this in the environment settings, just click how you want the water to react glassy, rough, rippling ect.
over here doesnt do anything really

Piv-Boi-20220331-0000.jpg

H222
TS12 felt much buggier to TS2010, and the EDR issue is massive. Both of them feel TERRIBLE compared to TANE, which itself feels terrible to TRS19.
I am delighted to report that the very latest beta version of TRS19 Plus for PC (defacto TRS22) Build 117092 is the fastest, smoothest, most capable - and least buggy - iteration I've yet seen of the Trainz Railroad Simulator series.
So, I heartily agree with H222 above, and urge people to upgrade to the latest variant of Trainz that their computer spec. will support. TRS22 runs better (and looks more realistic) on my machine than my (still-installed) TRS19-Platinum, T:ANE and TRS12.

Back