Well Done to the designer of the West from Denver - Moffatt Route!!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to congratulate whoever deisgned West from Denver - Moffatt Route. I've played the Winter Park Express scenerios several times in the last month and quite enjoy it. Yesterday, I stumbled upon a YouTube video of this particular Amtrak train. Watching was a bit strange: I could totally recognize and even anticipate the scenery even though I have never been to Colorado! In particular, the Big Ten curve stood out, as well as the east and west portals of the Moffatt Tunnel. Well Done!!!

If anyone is interested in seeing the video and making their own opinion of the realism of this Trainz Route, you can see it on YouTube at this link.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!! :D

Yup - It is pure Jango magic! (Author: CFranco [Jango] Messaggi).
Check out some of his other creations for similar fidelity to the real world, like <kuid2:57230:100074:14> Sebino Lake, Italy (1980s) and <kuid:57230:100331> Sherman Hill vers 3.1.
Masterful work that shows the capabilities and potential of near photo-realistic Trainz world & route creation using the tools provided by N3V and assets developed by users.

Last edited:
Yup - It is pure Jango magic! (Author: CFranco [Jango] Messaggi).
Check out some of his other creations for similar fidelity to the real world, like <kuid2:57230:100074:14> Sebino Lake, Italy (1980s) and <kuid:57230:100331> Sherman Hill vers 3.1.
Masterful work that shows the capabilities and potential of near photo-realistic Trainz world & route creation using the tools provided by N3V and assets developed by users.

Thanks for the tip. I will surely do that!

The signs need to have speed numbers. When you start the game all the speed numbers are 62, regardless the signs said. Made a made a mistake on the number, it is 62 not I thought it was.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Driver speed rule needs to be used in sessions to activate the variable speed boards. Make a base session which includes it for running your own sessions and the correct speed will be used.

It is also moving up the mountains very slow most of the time. It is about a 3 hour trip so when you get half way after all of the 17 tunnels it gets better.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Well done indeed. I felt I was really there because I have been in that area a number of years ago and I recognized landmarks.

Thanks

Thank you all for the positive reviews on the WfD.
I know it's not perfect and there are many flaws, but we try (within Trainz's limits) to create routes that are as close to reality as possible.
I always do extensive environmental research, in order to also represent the rocks, the color of the land, the real vegetation.
Not just tracks and constructions.
The route must coexist with the real environment.

The Trainzitalia staff and I are reworking and updating all the routes I have created so far to TRS19 / 22.

- Rollins Pass 1910
- Winter Pass & Youkon RR
- Sherman Hill
- Sebino Lake Paratico branch
- Sebino Lake Val Camonica branch
- Donner Pass

There are many miles to rearrange, you must have patience ...:eek:
For West from Denver I'd like to see some new sessons made!

News on updates can be found in this post, but even better on the trainzitalia.com website.

thank you very much

Jango
aka GianFranco Messaggi

Hi Jango.

There are several already made and I hope to place them for download on TZIT website but because there have been so many updates to the two Amtrak sessions while TRS22 has been in Beta I decided to wait until the official release so they could be tested before anyone else is subjected to the bugs we all experience during the Beta phases of development.

Bob

Question. Since it seems that 2022 routes will download and work in 19, would it be possible to buy and run west from Denver in 19?

Thank you all for the positive reviews on the WfD.
I know it's not perfect and there are many flaws, but we try (within Trainz's limits) to create routes that are as close to reality as possible.

Jango
aka GianFranco Messaggi

Good day Sir,

Just want to say, I have several of your Routes, all top notch and wonderful to Drive on, Scenery, Textures, Conception of Theme etc is what draws me in.......No complaints here, and I am in the Camp, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder. :p

Always appreciate the Hard Work and Dedication to Detail shown in your Routes. :clap:

Health and Prosperity from Blue's House to yours across a big Pond........ :wave:

Peace Jango ;)

Question. Since it seems that 2022 routes will download and work in 19, would it be possible to buy and run west from Denver in 19?

Hi,

It is worth asking this directly to N3V because I don't know in the long term but as of today the build version generated in TRS19 is 5.0 and the route and sessions released with the route are also 5.0 so it look like they should work but TRS22 us still a Beta (pre-release version) and I do not know what will happen when it becomes an official release.

Before spending your money please check directly with N3V.

Hi,

It is worth asking this directly to N3V because I don't know in the long term but as of today the build version generated in TRS19 is 5.0 and the route and sessions released with the route are also 5.0 so it look like they should work but TRS22 us still a Beta (pre-release version) and I do not know what will happen when it becomes an official release.

Before spending your money please check directly with N3V.
TRS22 latest build is 5.1 now, so no 22 routes will not work in 19.

Hi,

I am not a plus user but i thought it was the asset build that regulated the minimum version of Trainz that the asset would work in and when I checked the route earlier today it was 5.0 so I thought it should work in TRS19.

My warning still applies because N3V could change the build of the route at any point and render it incompatible.

Version 5 should work in TRS19 SP5, BUT, newer items like scrapbooks don't seem to be available to TRS19 even with SP5 and HF1. You can download them, and they should work if they are part of a route, but they will not be available in the classic TRS19 surveyor if you are wanting to use them in your own developments.

Today I have been getting the sessions I have ready for the West from Denver route ready for release and when I got to a session I called work at the lumber yard I found errors. I wondered why the Session N3V released called west Local only used a small part of the session I had made and when I checked the lumber mill spur at Rocky I soon found out why they had not included any work at the lumber mill.

The lumber yard tracks beyond the lumber mill are destroyed. In the final Beta Jango had a superb working lumber mill and lumber yard. Now on the kuid2 11th version reworked by N3V all we have is a tangle of tracks so I guess that is one session I will not be releasing for the N3V payware version of what was and in parts still is a tremendous route. I am sure I could restore that part of the industrial spur so I am surprised N3v have not done so in their 11 iterations since the release.

The other three sessions thankfully all use undamage sections of the route so they will be good to go when TRS22 is officially released.

I have cloned the WfD route and I have restored the lumber yard at Rocky, it took me about 40 minutes and I am not a route builder, so it would not have been a big impact of time and resource for N3V to fix it in the Payware route. I also checked my 'work at the lumber yard' session and it works in my cloned route with a few rolling stock resets because I have not got the repaired tracks in exactly the same position as they were in the original undamaged route.

DennR - Was that a loop up at 't mill'? With a crossover in between? Didn't see what Jango had placed there originally, so I'm just guessing based on what I see now.

Hi PC Ace,

This is what was in the original route Beta:

lumber%20mill1.png

For anyone who has not seen the released version this is what we have:

lumber%20Mill.png

I am thinking about adding a billboard on the start of the spur in my upcoming sessions:

"CAUTION Lumber storage tracks beyond this point destroyed by N3V"

Last edited:
Back