Grass Replaces Grid

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
So is there an easy way to replace the Grass as the default on new maps now? It would appear they set a grass asset to be the default which makes it difficult to follow the grid lines. This is Trainz 19.

So is there an easy way to replace the Grass as the default on new maps now? It would appear they set a grass asset to be the default which makes it difficult to follow the grid lines. This is Trainz 19.

Regions now have a default texture that is used when adding a baseboard. You will have to edit the region and change the default texture to the grid if you want it back.

This Region file will fix it, available from DLS or CM

<kuid:647907:102143> CDE USA Grid Region

Download it and choose it from Edit Region

Pware also uploaded regions for Australia and the UK with a grid texture restored with the changes for driving on the wrong side of the road.:hehe:

Never fails for Auran to ruin something thats not broken.

I don't know, in this case theres a fairly easy work around, and for me I prefer not having to "erase" the grid and just use wireframe view or rulers to set straight lines.

What we really need however, is the ability to TYPE IN rotation of scenery items.

THAT. When THAT hits the retail stream I'll feel compelled to update - couldnt care less about MPS or anything else, but that one feature will get my money.

I struggle with precision mouse movements, even with a variable dpi mouse. Its nearly an accessibility issue for me.

Me too, under the info panel for any selected object(s) you can type in numbers for rotation using roll, pitch and yaw down to the degree. It might be more precise than that but it is hard to see the difference in 33 and 33.5 change in the yaw. Position can be set to two decimals on x,y and z.

Edit: Rotation works to 2 decimals too.

Last edited:
Me too as well. I'm losing my fine motor skills now and have difficulty with many things that require precise placement and movements. This is really an area where Surveyor 2.0 shines and I wish we had this capability a couple of decades ago.

Speaking of the grassy baseboards. I use the grid texture with the following parameters to recolor the grass back to the grid on specific baseboards rather than applying a new region globally.

Switch to Classic Surveyor, if you're using Surveyor 2.0, and set the texture scale to the smallest.

Set the direction to exactly north to south.

Retexture the area as needed. You'll have the old grid back where you need it. I've done this for years when I've absolutely, totally, ruined some textures and need to start from scratch and never realized I needed it now because some genius decided to make all new baseboards grass covered.

Back