How to revert locos back to original state in Trainz 2009?

iluvtaf

A while back, I downloaded an Amtrak F7 from the Download Station. I didn't know that it had missing dependencies, and would affect the other F units. So as of now, I have a bunch of broken F units. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Or how to revert them back to their original state?

How long back did you do this?

If it's only a week or so, you may be able to revert the ones you changed to original.

In Content Manager, right-click on the now faulty locomotives. In the list, choose Revert to original.

If it's any longer than that, you'll be SOL because the backups get purged after 7-days with the oldest ones disappearing first.

My guess is that you downloaded a dependency shared by all the F7 locos but picked up a version of that dependency that is too high of a build number for TS2009. This would cause all items to be faulty that try to use the incompatible asset. Sort by build version and delete anything that is showing a high build number of 3.5 or higher. I don't remember what the max build number that TS2009 supported but 3.5 is too high for sure. Once that bad asset is gone, all your old F7s will use the old version of the asset and be good again.

Thank you, So to the OP, delete any asset with trainz build higher than 3.1. I've had this happen to me in TS12 when downloading as Trainz will download a newer version of an asset if it is on the DLS and then try to use it.

Normally an asset version too new for the version of trainz would have a status of incompatible and would throw an error if a download is attempted. Did downloading an F7 with a newer component as a dependency somehow bypass these checks?

Tane is the first version with that feature. Earlier versions allowed you to download assets compatible to whatever is the highest version of Trainz that you own. My android versions is somewhat of a cross between TS2009 and TS2010 so I went with the fact that I see this happen all the time in TS12 since I have TANE and TRS19. Even though I pick a item that is for TS12, CM will fetch updated dependencies that are at a higher Trainz build. The item will show as faulty due to the incompatible dependency. Also other items will now show as faulty for the same reason. The most common suspect is the updated General Goods commodity which will break every installed item that uses that commodity. The fix is to delete and allow the built-in version to be used instead and magically all the faulty items are healed.

Back