TRS19 SP5 Hotfix now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
The latest TRS19 hotfix update is now available through the TRS19 and TRS19PE streams and auto-update on Steam.

This update returns the localisations accidentally removed from TRS19 SP4 and reimplements the AA options. Please note that using AA 2x will reduce graphics quality.

Known Issues:
Certain updated localisation strings remain untranslated.
Some users are reporting issues with portals and Enhanced Interlocking Towers. We are unable to reproduce these issues so require detailed bug reports to be submitted so that we can identify the issue.

Submit a Bug Report:
Trainz Bug Report

Update to full installer?

Heya Tony,

Thanks for the patch. I've applied it to my installs without issue.

Question:

Will the full-installer on the N3V store "My Digital Downloads" section be updated? Those are still showing SP4 level.

Thanks again!
Diego

Ty Tony, patched installed fast

confirmed:
AA choice is back, was set at 4x standard?

Sadly making a screenshot, still removes the tracks here
keep up the good work

Hi
Bug with the new patch! I'ven't saved the old strings folder when changing it and now i've this:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

What can I do?

I am impressed, very good release. Launcher, Surveyor and Driver seem more soild, editing smoother. Thank you for the hotfix.

Win PC TRS19 PE 116678 > 117009

Last edited:
I would also like to know this question's answer, too.
Heya Tony,

Thanks for the patch. I've applied it to my installs without issue.

Question:

Will the full-installer on the N3V store "My Digital Downloads" section be updated? Those are still showing SP4 level.

Thanks again!
Diego

If you update the core.txt files manually you need to revert to the original files before patching.
of you don’t have them then reinstall from MyTrainz and patch from there.

Installed without issues here, once I remembered to switch to patch stream to "TRS19 Platinum Edition" instead of beta.
Thanks to all beta testers and N3V for their efforts.

If you update the core.txt files manually you need to revert to the original files before patching.
of you don’t have them then reinstall from MyTrainz and patch from there.
Ok but we have only access to TRS19 SP4 (standart edition for me)and not SP5. Is the strings folder the same?

edit: I've found the old folder strings with a friend , reinstalled it in the good place, and patched with success!:cool:

Last edited:
What is the relationship between "SPn" and build number. 116678 is my current build but there is no evidence of the mysterious build number.
Is there an objective to this dual numbering system?
Is there a table somewhere that tells me the SP number based upon the build number?

There are two wiki pages that help, both need some updates but they are pretty thorough;

Build Numbers (the page you are most likly looking for)
https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Build_Numbers

"trainz-build" number (or what I call version number)
https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/%22Trainz-build%22_number

116678 is SP5 and 117009 is SP5 Hotfix 1. When the developers compile the game, the new executable is incremented by one. Once a stable release is made public, they announce that a certian build nnnnnn is SPn and release it.

The version number, which is 5.0 for both 116678 and 117009, should mean assets made for either will work with either build.

Last edited:
OP: What is the relationship between "SPn" and build number.

Think of the SP number to indicate a certain "release". Within that "release" you have updates. So the SP number would be like "Windows 10" vs "Windows 11" but within each you have a number of "Windows 10" updates and "Windows 11" updates (builds).

Ok, got it. The compatibility between SP numbers, as the rationale, was the key.

A response mentioned "117009" I have Platinum Plus 116678 with no indication of an available update. Could something be wrong with my setup or is that update for some edition I do not have?

Found message about stream change and update became available.

Thanks to all for responses.

Last edited:
After avoiding SP4 I took the plunge today and patched to SP5 HF1. Install was quick and easy and it's so nice to be able to adjust objects without the rubber band effect!

Only thing I've noticed is the procedural track - it works, but the sleepers instead of being aligned to both tracks are aligned to each track as shown below. This happens on most but not all of my points, as the ones on the extreme left are okay:
ywHNM4S.jpg

Another set further down the line:
Q7v611j.jpg

I do also have the issue of everything disappearing briefly when I take a screenshot but it's less than a second so not really a major issue.

**EDIT**

Further to the above, only 3 missing dependencies that were present in SP3 build 111951. All showing as 'Unknown Location' in SP5 HF1 build 117009.
<kuid2:661281:96678:6> Flowers 2
<kuid:-25:1354> Prod Passengers 2020
<kuid:942118:372> Rp Nathan Posed 026

I can get rid of the other two but the prod passengers 2020 is apparently required and yet unavailable! Does this have to be addressed by N3V?

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Trainz members:

I have downloaded a copy of TRS19 from the Steam site.

The TRS19 build number is currently 117026

My question is this at service pack 4 level ?

Will I have to download the service packs 1 to 4 then 5 from steam ?

Kind Regards
davies_mike57

Back