Trainz crashes loading sessions

hholdenaz

For some reason, Trainz has started crashing when I try to drive a session directly. Is there a way to fix this?

For some reason, Trainz has started crashing when I try to drive a session directly. Is there a way to fix this?

It would help if you could provide some additional information.

What is your Trainz build number (bottom left of the Trainz launcher)?
Is it just the one session or all sessions?
When you state "drive a session directly" exactly what do you mean? e.g. start the session by right mouse clicking on it in Content Manager and selecting Open, then Open asset in Driver? or do you mean by selecting manual driver keyboard control?

1. 114800
2. Well, when I select the "drive session" button, that seems to be the case, it seems to happen with each session I do that. Going into surveyor then selecting drive mode though, that has no issues.
3. Read above please
4. Opening in driver mode without going into surveyor first.

edit: driving the session directly seems to be working fine now, but I’m not sure if it’s been fixed as it’s only been one session

Last edited:
Try running a database repair:

1) Restart your PC to start from a clean slate and make sure all Trainz executables have been completely reset.
2) Open the Trainz launcher
3) At the top menu bar, go to Developer > Rebuild Database.
4) Wait for the database repair to complete. Depending on the size of your content library, this may take some time to complete. Do not interrupt the process as it could cause further issues. Go get a coffee, get yourself something to eat, or take a nap (my personal choice).
5) After the database repair is finished, it wouldn't hurt to close out Trainz, wait for a minute or two for all Trainz processes to shut down on their own, and restart your PC again.

Usually this fixes stuff like that. Let us know if it doesn't.

---------------------------------------

Does the session or an asset used in it come up as faulty? Sometimes this is the issue. The game doesn't always know how to handle it, so it self-destructs.

Matt

As old as this topic is, it happened again with TRS22, and this time, I have an image to show what I mean:

VWfVhEB.jpeg

If anybody know how to fix something like this, please let me know
YdDEuwR

It appears you are missing a large amount of assets - Swanage was built in 117669 (Trainz Plus) so you would need to be in the same version for 100% compatibility.

Cheers,

PLP

It appears you are missing a large amount of assets - Swanage was built in 117669 (Trainz Plus) so you would need to be in the same version for 100% compatibility.

Cheers,

PLP

I think you're missing the point of my post: swnaage isn't the problem, it's what's going on with the screen that is

Do routes take a long time to load?

Do you see this when switching locations.

Do tracks appear then disappear along with the rest of the splines including grass, fences, bridges, roads, etc.?

I've seen this in both versions of Plus recently and was wondering if it's a bug or is it related to my very large complex route.

Do routes take a long time to load?

Do you see this when switching locations.

Do tracks appear then disappear along with the rest of the splines including grass, fences, bridges, roads, etc.?

I've seen this in both versions of Plus recently and was wondering if it's a bug or is it related to my very large complex route.

All three actually, it can happen at any time

Yes. I'm trying to track down whether it's the content or related to something else. I have one particular route that loads up okay in the beginning but as time goes on it gets worse and I have to wait about a minute or two before everything loads up.

hholdenaz:

Just a thought have you increased the size of your page swap file in your computer windows system ?
The minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile can be up to 1.5 times and 4 times of the physical memory that your computer has, respectively.
Trainz needs that extra page memory especially when editing huge layouts in Surveyor.

Mick.

I'm going to give that a try. My current page file is 2x my installed RAM. I'll spread that across two drives which will help with performance.

I think you're missing the point of my post: swnaage isn't the problem, it's what's going on with the screen that is

Either way, you're still using it in an older version that it wasn't designed for. Could that be a contributing factor to the crash? It would be worth upgrading to the latest Trainz Plus version and seeing if the error has disappeared.

Cheers,

PLP

It's spline and track related. I changed track from the procedural track to similar looking JR track and the track and other splines load up much quicker even in busy areas with lots of them. This occurs in both the current Plus beta and in Plus Build 117669.

Increasing the virtual memory size (page file), playing with the graphics settings, and reducing them or changing draw distance did squat. Replacing the track to something else worked.

Last edited:
Back