What happens to content if a DLC package is un-installed?

Sorry, I'm way behind the times here. I have only just discovered the TRS19 Content Store and the fact that somehow I have already purchased several Routes.

If I un-install one of those Route packages (maybe I don't like the Route or just want to recover some hard drive space), do all the assets that came with the Route get un-installed too? Does that include those labelled as "Payware" AND any labelled as "Installed from the DLS"?

All the items in that package are uninstalled. (These also contribute the majority of the space in a package as well).

Btw, clearing your Backups folder is often a good way to gain more space.

I just had one of these events. I loaded Fall Harvest Nebraska. I did not like the gigantic yard so I deleted it. Well, it also deleted very many items in various routes of mine. I should have known better. I was burned by this practice awhile ago.

So, I see another victim and the Manager of the Company posts the following in response to the customer's "complaint"

All the items in that package are uninstalled. (These also contribute the majority of the space in a package as well).

Btw, clearing your Backups folder is often a good way to gain more space.

The first sentence seems to have no relevance to the customer's concern except to verify the action. The next sentence seems further off the mark, reciting the obvious. Then the third completely dodges the customer's concern.

My question is: What is the value to the customer from the deletion of items that also reside in the other routes of the customer?
The management of customer's concerns seems to lack the sophistication of empathy and the actual reason for the deletion strategy.
Personally, I see it as a punitive step. Why it is done at all is a mystery to me.

The danger point is if there are assets in the package that are a higher version than on the DLS and you have used them in a route, there shouldn't be now however some still slip through the net.

A tip maybe, you are allowed to install more than 1 version of Trainz
use 1 version if you want to use DLC's, just use for playing those DLC

Use a clean version (no DLC at all) to make freeware routes, then you cannot by accident include DLC items
which not only give you trouble when you would remove a DLC, but even more to other users, that you want to share your route with

here installed:
TRS2004SP2 the version that made me a total addict
TRS2004SP2 clean, dressed down to pure essential (all JA files cleaned)
TRS2009, pure used to read scripts from old routes (they don't time out here)
TANESP3, used to test my content
TRS2019 build 100240, here I create all content and has many of my own modifications
TRS2019 SP4, the last version to include plus features
TRS2019 SP5, a clean version, just to beta test
TRS2022 latest beta, a copy of my SP4, also used to beta test

the only DLC installed are kickstarter, Sebino, and Niddertahlbahn
and Schwaninger land beta in the TRS2022

Back