FCT True Speed?

tangerine

Does anyone know exactly how fast downloads are with the First Class Tickets? I know for a fact that without the FCT the download speed is around 4.79 kilobytes per second. I'm considering getting the FCT, and I'm wondering how fast it is, if anyone knows, please tell me.

Last edited:
I can tell you its fast. I've been a FCT user for several years now and I can tell you if you are a heavy DLS user (like me) you'll be getting your money worth.
I think you meant 4.97KB (kilobytes) instead of 4.97MB (megabytes) as megabytes are the FCT speeds while kilobytes are non-FCT holder speeds.
Speed and how much you can download are both unlimited so you can go wild.

Cheers

I can tell you its fast. I've been a FCT user for several years now and I can tell you if you are a heavy DLS user (like me) you'll be getting your money worth.
I think you meant 4.97KB (kilobytes) instead of 4.97MB (megabytes) as megabytes are the FCT speeds while kilobytes are non-FCT holder speeds.
Speed and how much you can download are both unlimited so you can go wild.

Cheers
Thanks for the information and correction!

I don't think I've ever seen the FTP Server Graph go above 3065 kB/s for FCTs.

But in general we tell people that it's cap is whatever your internet's cap is.

peter

My understanding is that downloads will be as fast as your ISP allows. According to Speedtest my download speed is 474 Mbps (for reference only - see next sentences). I can tell you that my Trainz downloads are simply not an issue at all. I've never checked actual data rates on the transfers, largely because there was no need to. I also have no "throttling" or "limits" on my internet. I think that some who complain are actually seeing the results of their ISP throttling their downloads and they have no idea that it's happening.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen the FTP Server Graph go above 3065 kB/s for FCTs.

But in general we tell people that it's cap is whatever your internet's cap is.

peter

That equals to just 3 MegaBytes per second. My DSL circuit 20 years ago averaged that. But bandwidth is expensive in a data center. Your switch port could be locked at 3MBps. That is going to be the limiting factor for any connection other than cellular connections. That chart looks like it is made by monitoring software called Cricket. It takes the peak traffic in a five minute period and then records that as the speed for the whole 5 minutes. That is what causes the chart to always show a full value.

Last edited:
Back