Help with rotating objects in new 2.0

Jayco-man

Is there a special hot key to use after you pick something to rotate, like before you used to use the shift key, but it doesn't work in 2.0?

Is there a special hot key to use after you pick something to rotate, like before you used to use the shift key, but it doesn't work in 2.0?

There's no hotkey for that, but there is the object adjustment function - I'm really sure what it's called actually. This is second over from the left on the bottom row.

Click on that then click on the asset. There's now a gyroscope around the asset. Clicking on the ring around the asset allows you to rotate it. You can also enter in the numbers in the panel located on the right for more precise rotation - I can't remember what that's called actually since I'm going from memory.

If you're talking about the fine adjustment tool, well that just went out the window, cause it not worth much at all. Thats what I mean you just try to barley move the mouse and its flipping around all over the place. How do you select a consist, try to pick it and all it does is pick one car?.

Last edited:
If you're talking about the fine adjustment tool, well that just went out the window, cause it not worth much at all. Thats what I mean you just try to barley move the mouse and its flipping around all over the place. How do you select a consist, try to pick it and all it does is pick one car?.

Double-click it

After you selected the object you'd want to use the position/rotation options in the tab on the right side of the screen. You may input the rotation grades right into the last of the three slots present under the "Rotation"

The fine adjustment (Ctrl-LMB Rotate) hasn't worked well for ages. It used to be easy to fine tune but now way over sensitive. We need a field where the desired rotation or height can be input, as the same affliction affects the height adjustment tool.

The fine adjustment (Ctrl-LMB Rotate) hasn't worked well for ages. It used to be easy to fine tune but now way over sensitive. We need a field where the desired rotation or height can be input, as the same affliction affects the height adjustment tool.

Definitely agree! It's really hard to set something in the right orientation when its jumping all over the place.

Bill

1. Consists are selected by double clicking
2. Using Ctrl-LMB in S20 with Fine Adjustment tool will rapidly duplicate the object selected (ctrl-click is "clone") [We probably need to do something about that since it isn't obvious you've added dozens of objects on top of each other while trying the old modifier key).
3. Dragging the blue circle seems a little sensitive - it's hard to get a 1% rotation for example [so that needs tweaking - agreed]
4. "We need a field where the desired rotation or height can be input" - it is there already in the Info tool. The Rot files will rotate at any degree (down to decimal places). So this is the best way of making super-fine adjustments.

Can those seeing "way over sensitive" movement please provide a video to demonstrate the issue more clearly.

2. Using Ctrl-LMB in S20 with Fine Adjustment tool will rapidly duplicate the object selected (ctrl-click is "clone") [We probably need to do something about that since it isn't obvious you've added dozens of objects on top of each other while trying the old modifier key).

Some suggestions...

Ctrl-LMB + drag = single clone.
Ctrl+Alt-LMB + drag = multiple clone.
Move the clone option to the pop up menu. You have Cut, Copy, Paste & Delete. You could add Clone to this list.

I'm sure others can come up with other suggestions too.

John

Its actually much easier to rotate and adjust the height of objects. Like Tony said its in the info screen you type in the rotation and height you want. You can now also pivot and tilt assets using the same screen. I am actually really pleased with the new surveyor.

Definitely agree! It's really hard to set something in the right orientation when its jumping all over the place.

Bill

maybe was not very clear but I too have said it in the post #5
What could be really usefull is to be able to rotate more objects of one type (like 30 or 40 street lights) with the same relative rotation degree at once i/o to do it one by one

Or, at the very least, give us a text box where we can enter a rotational (or height) value before clicking one or more pieces of content. This would be the same thing as getting and using spline height, or track gradient.

Bill

Or, at the very least, give us a text box where we can enter a rotational (or height) value before clicking one or more pieces of content. This would be the same thing as getting and using spline height, or track gradient.

Bill

There already is. From Tony's post above.

"We need a field where the desired rotation or height can be input" - it is there already in the Info tool. The Rot files will rotate at any degree (down to decimal places). So this is the best way of making super-fine adjustments.

Sorry. I can not find any reference to an "info palette" anywhere in build 116678. The only thing I can find is the usual "?" and this shows nothing at all other than allowing me to name the object. There is no 'down arrow" for objects other than that normally available for splines.

Bill

Sorry. I can not find any reference to an "info palette" anywhere in build 116678. The only thing I can find is the usual "?" and this shows nothing at all other than allowing me to name the object. There is no 'down arrow" for objects other than that normally available for splines.

Bill

You'll find this information in S 2.0 not the Classic Surveyor.

So why do I keep getting referenced to this 2.0 when I don't have it? or, on the other hand, is this 2.0 somehow activated by a setting somewhere else in the interface? Or, does it not exist for this build of TS2019? I'd really like to know.

Bill

So why do I keep getting referenced to this 2.0 when I don't have it? or, on the other hand, is this 2.0 somehow activated by a setting somewhere else in the interface? Or, does it not exist for this build of TS2019? I'd really like to know.

Bill

Surveyor 2.0 is only available in TRS22 and Trainz Plus.

You access that, if you have Plus, by clicking on the tools menu and switching between the old Surveyor and Surveyor 2.0

I have neither of those, so apparently, my build isn't high enough (or I haven't paid enough) to get it.

Thanks, John.

Bill

Back