Russian-Ukraine spam in all of my forum posts.

ricomon35

SceneWright
So, today I log in, and check my posts and started threads, and I find that every single one of them, where-ever I have commented, has this spam image, protesting the
war situation in Ukraine.

Is anyone else seeing this on their posts?

Not sure what to do about it. The image is somehow embedded in the post code I think.

I can't see it if I try use the edit function.

Image >

image.png

Rico

Not so far, but then I haven't been posting much.

As an aside, this is as good an opportunity as any to wonder what N3V's intentions are regarding all the Russian content in Trainz, particularly anything being offered on a commercial basis? Without getting political or commenting on the terrible events, economic and trading sanctions are being rapidly applied across the board against Russia and should this also extend to software?

At one point I was actually looking at doing a couple of the more scenic Russian routes or at least a short stretch, but that's unlikely to ever happen now.

To the OP, Do you posts include images that at are hosted at a third party image hosting site? That site might be hacked.

Likewise, I have seen nothing like this in any of the threads that I have viewed or posted (so far).

My forum images are hosted by Postimage and they have not been changed so wreeder's suggestion about your image hosting site being hacked may be correct.

Top image is on ImgBB, bottom is on ImageShack, right click, view in a new tab and as well as the image you get the address it's hosted on.

Bottom image appears to be Rico's signature as inspecting the code.........

Code:
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/464/trainzsig.jpg

This could be related as the BBC said earlier that hackers from Ukraine and elsewhere are targeting Russian sites and people to raise awareness, may be a case of mistaken identity or perhaps as we have Russian Members on here?

Where exactly are you seeing this? Can you provide a link to a post with it in? I've been looking around & not seeing it anywhere.

My hunch is that your IP is being flagged as Russian, or a cookie has flagged you as Russian, so you're getting anti-Russian stuff targeted to you. You could try clearing your cookies.

peter

It's showing here, in the first post https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...n-all-of-my-forum-posts&p=1915533#post1915533

Using Firefox and it's also showing in Edge, not cookies as haven't used Edge since last summer.

There's a Picture of a father saying goodbye to a child, Russian Text on the left and English on the right "Citizens of Russia your Government .......... and so on".

At the bottom where the signature should be is a large Ukraine flag with No War written on it, which appears to be linked to Rico's signature or added to it.

Where exactly are you seeing this? Can you provide a link to a post with it in? I've been looking around & not seeing it anywhere.

My hunch is that your IP is being flagged as Russian, or a cookie has flagged you as Russian, so you're getting anti-Russian stuff targeted to you. You could try clearing your cookies.

peter
I saw it earlier on almost every one of his posts. It seems to have been removed.

I was just looking at the Freeware Forum Sissiboo Logging thread, and none of his posts there had anything. But as Dundun92 says, it may have been removed.

It's showing here, in the first post https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...n-all-of-my-forum-posts&p=1915533#post1915533

Using Firefox and it's also showing in Edge, not cookies as haven't used Edge since last summer.

There's a Picture of a father saying goodbye to a child, Russian Text on the left and English on the right "Citizens of Russia your Government .......... and so on".

At the bottom where the signature should be is a large Ukraine flag with No War written on it, which appears to be linked to Rico's signature or added to it.

I know it's shown here, Rico purposefully posted it here. I'm less interested in what it looks like, more about where it is popping up & why (the specific why, not the general anti-war why). I want to know where it is showing up, where it shouldn't be, so I can look into why it might have suddenly appeared.

peter

Ah.... that wasn't made clear that he'd copied it here. Suffice to say it was on his posts earlier on today, I suspect this is going to stay a mystery!

I have "show images in footer" turned off and I don't see the picture. I have a link to the picture. (Turning off "show images" in footer still provides a link to the image so you can still look at it if you wish.) Thus, it appears to be being inserted in your footer?

Not so far, but then I haven't been posting much.

As an aside, this is as good an opportunity as any to wonder what N3V's intentions are regarding all the Russian content in Trainz, particularly anything being offered on a commercial basis? Without getting political or commenting on the terrible events, economic and trading sanctions are being rapidly applied across the board against Russia and should this also extend to software?

At one point I was actually looking at doing a couple of the more scenic Russian routes or at least a short stretch, but that's unlikely to ever happen now.

Here's my opinion:
The people in the Russian Trainz community more than likely have no connection to the Kremlin, and they are just like the rest of the content creators out there around the world, wanting to share their content with the Trainz community. Also, N3V wants to grow the content that they offer, so they wouldn't stop offering Russian content because that would cut off a source of revenue.

It would also be discrimination, because most Russians have nothing to do with this, and it wasn't their choice for this to happen.

Also, most Russian and Ukranian trains are very similar or identical since the older stuff were manufactured from the days of the old Soviet Union.

It would also be discrimination, because most Russians have nothing to do with this, and it wasn't their choice for this to happen.

Quite so,in addition, the total number of users probably is very small in the grand scheme of things and its hardly going to bring the kremlin to its knees if NV3 curtailed the use of trainz.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Very much appreciated :wave:

All the spam has disappeared, so I'm good.

Perhaps, as was suggested my image hosting site was attacked, but not likely as the image appeared on every single post I had made since 2010.

Nutz.

Rico

sorry for the late comment but these has been happening to old trainz screenshots recently

What is the image hosting service that's holding the images? There must be a link correlating between where the images are hosted and the spam.

Back