UMR2022

Memberships were not always updating a required entry in the DLS registration table.

Hi Neal.
Another great update to the UMR. I ran the session provided until Thomas and Richard reached the portals at Moran and Lifeson. Really liked that swamp like area on the approach to Port Moran. A multitude of changes to explore
along with the new areas. I had no missing items and only one warning.
I know you have put a lot of work on the UMR. I remember when the western limit was at Gilby about 234 miles from Port Moran not to mention else ware. I've spent many hours running session and working the industries and station, so thanks for creating this
work.

Rob

Hi Neal.
Another great update to the UMR. I ran the session provided until Thomas and Richard reached the portals at Moran and Lifeson. Really liked that swamp like area on the approach to Port Moran. A multitude of changes to explore
along with the new areas. I had no missing items and only one warning.
I know you have put a lot of work on the UMR. I remember when the western limit was at Gilby about 234 miles from Port Moran not to mention else ware. I've spent many hours running session and working the industries and station, so thanks for creating this
work.

Rob

Thanks for the kind words Rob! I hope you enjoy it!

Neil:
I am missing one asset, <kuid2:173286:600008:1>. Any idea where I can get it or is it something not needed?
Thank
Carl (Lewiscc65)

Neil:
I am missing one asset, <kuid2:173286:600008:1>. Any idea where I can get it or is it something not needed?
Thank
Carl (Lewiscc65)

That shouldn't be there. I'm not even showing it on my machine. It is a ballast commodity, which is attached to ballast hoppers made by Slave-Driver. It's not important, so you can disregard it.

Oddly, I cannot find UMR2022 on the DLS. I just updated to build 116678, let it do it's database rebuild, downloaded missing assets, etc. When I do to the DLS and search for UMR I find lots of old content and even two UMR2022 sessions available but not the route itself?

Finally got it but I had to go to the Download Station on the website and select download with content manager. Then it showed up there for download. Doing a search from content manager wouldn't show it.

Finally got it but I had to go to the Download Station on the website and select download with content manager. Then it showed up there for download. Doing a search from content manager wouldn't show it.

Don't worry it isn't you. Content Manager can be weird sometimes when it comes to searching for assets.

Hi Neal

Think I found an error in the route. The station at Ogden West Bound show up as Wawasee West Bound. Could confuse the AI if they are ordered to stop there. I haven't tried to stop an AI at Ogden but Wawasee shows on the track chart at the bottom of the screen on approach. The route is so large its hard to find problems like this. I don't think there are many! Thanks again for a great route and session.

Rob

Hi Neal

Think I found an error in the route. The station at Ogden West Bound show up as Wawasee West Bound. Could confuse the AI if they are ordered to stop there. I haven't tried to stop an AI at Ogden but Wawasee shows on the track chart at the bottom of the screen on approach. The route is so large its hard to find problems like this. I don't think there are many! Thanks again for a great route and session.

Rob
I'll look into it! Thanks!

edit - you're absolutely correct! I must have copied and pasted that station without remembering to change the name. duhhh!!!! lol

Last edited:
This is a bit of a bump but I just wanted to mention how much I'm really enjoying this route. I love some of the track alignment changes from UMR2021 (near Gladston for example), it really feels like a railroad changing over time.

Are you a fan of Rush by any chance? I haven't even explored the whole route yet but I've already found towns named Lifeson and Peart - now we just need a Lee! (Maybe there is one, I'm not sure).

Thanks again for keeping this route going for so many years.

Update: I've found Lee at the end of a long branchline - honestly shouldn't have surprised me at all.

Last edited:
This is a bit of a bump but I just wanted to mention how much I'm really enjoying this route. I love some of the track alignment changes from UMR2021 (near Gladston for example), it really feels like a railroad changing over time.

Are you a fan of Rush by any chance? I haven't even explored the whole route yet but I've already found towns named Lifeson and Peart - now we just need a Lee! (Maybe there is one, I'm not sure).

Thanks again for keeping this route going for so many years.

Update: I've found Lee at the end of a long branchline - honestly shouldn't have surprised me at all.

LOL - you're the first one to mention the Rush connection! Well done!

Hi Neil

Just wanted to say the route is running great. I just finished a session that ran over 24 hrs and many saves. I added 8 more trains running from Port Moran and Lifeson portals. Only problem with the portals occurred when I did a save after the train had entered the portal.
Only a few trains got stuck mainly at Oakwood Jct. I ended without a save after the freight in your session got stuck on Random load command on exit the Lifeson portal. One of your passenger trains ran over 1000 miles. very impressive I'd say.

Thanks again for the route

Rob

Thanks Rob. I've been away from Trainz for a while, and haven't been able to spend the amount of time I'd like to with it. The issues you've mentioned have happened to me too. Still some issues with portals, and I've had the long freight get stuck at the Random Load command occasionally as well. Hope everyone has fun with it!

For us steam lovers, are there places to turn our engines ?

I've read this whole thread to find the answer and I don't see it.

If I get this route which sounds amazing, I would create my own open ended session which would want places to turn my engines for return trips.

If not, I can use my RailDriver and stick with diesels that are BI directional.

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

Yeah, portals can be a little wonky. I can usually avoid having issues if I verify the portals are clear of trains (nothing that just left/about to enter or spawn) before generating a save. Haven't had any issues with trains getting stuck in portals or with commands doing it this way and I have a few saves that have spanned months worth of play.

That said, this was on the older UMR2016 for T:ANE (been away from Trainz for almost 2 years). I just installed TRS19 a few days ago and finished installing UMR2022 last night. I would assume the save "trick" for T:ANE would also work in 19, yes-no?

I'll probably test it out over the weekend.

I've read this whole thread to find the answer and I don't see it.

If I get this route which sounds amazing, I would create my own open ended session which would want places to turn my engines for return trips.

If not, I can use my RailDriver and stick with diesels that are BI directional.

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

The portals at the ends of the route can turn trains around (they're set to return the train after only 1 minute), though if you don't want to mess with them, there are a few industries and yards scattered throughout the route that have wyes to turn locomotives around, if that helps.

Sounds like a good tip !

The portals at the ends of the route can turn trains around (they're set to return the train after only 1 minute), though if you don't want to mess with them, there are a few industries and yards scattered throughout the route that have wyes to turn locomotives around, if that helps.

If I do AI like usuall for me I might not have noticed the portals being already set for a return and I'd be asking why but, it sounds like a good enough way to turn trains but I've never used the return feature before. Wyes are OK too !

Thanks !

Wild Willy the Wacko

Back