There is something wrong with the sensitivity of moving around the cameras

It's unplayable this way. Tried with 3 different mouses, all had the same issue. When I am in the Drone or Fly camera, turning around and navigating is so sensitive, it's abnormal. Please, someone help me. I tried to fix this issue before, but I got neglected...I don't enjoy Trainz this way at all, I really would like to fix it!

Yeah have the same here Thomas, just using an oldschool Logitec B110 with a wire (it always works)
somewhere round Sp3 and up, mouse movement got coarser.
Specially notice it when testing right after I worked in build 100240 (before any Sp)
that the mouse moves too fast in the new versions, during beta testing I told them but thought I was the only one
have not found a good setting in game to adjust it. or a key to make the steps smaller.
Don't want to change my mouse settings in windows, or I am lost in other programs.

Exactly what is happening to me, everything you described. I'm running a secondary installation of SP1 and it works perfectly fine, as does every other program!

Hello,

It occurred to me that the response of cab controls to the mouse movement was much coarser than before. In other words: the level of control was actually worse than in previous versions.
But I am not inclined to change the config files; who knows what changes the future versions will bring?

Regards,
Paul

So, is there someone on the dev team that can explain this behavior, or can produce it as well and try and fix it? It's bugged me for so long now and I would really like to see it fixed.

I suspect something else is affecting the mouse. I use a program called Mouse without Borders so I can use one mouse on two different PCs. On my secondary PC the mouse goes crazy when rotating the camera (spins uncontrollably). So I'd be looking at what else is running, checking mouse drivers, and searching on Google for solutions.

I suspect something else is affecting the mouse. I use a program called Mouse without Borders so I can use one mouse on two different PCs. On my secondary PC the mouse goes crazy when rotating the camera (spins uncontrollably). So I'd be looking at what else is running, checking mouse drivers, and searching on Google for solutions.

Tony, Try Input Director instead of Mouse without borders, it works perfectly, for mouse and keyboard copy and paste etc and Trainz! I'm using it here https://www.inputdirector.com/ free and works with Win10 and Win11.

Re the sensitivity issue:
Using a Wireless Logitech Mouse and Keyboard here and it's pretty much the same as it's always been, I just use the Windows supplied drivers.

Might suggest if a USB mouse try a different Port?

I'm using a generic $2.00 wired mouse and it works fine for me. I use the same settings I've always used for every Trainz version since I started.

The reason for the El Cheapo is because the buttons die just the same on the expensive ones way before they should and buying another generic $2.00 mouse is a lot more pallatable.

I’ve been using a “Mad Catz” gaming mouse for several years ( so long that the company isn’t trading now).
It’s a wired mouse and it has a rocker switch just behind the wheel. This allows me to change the sensitivity of the mouse response just by clicking.
maybe there’s a budget version out there?
Colin

Appreciate the comments, but you guys have to realize that Trainz is the ONLY program/game on my entire computer that has this issue. I played around with my DPI settings, nothing changed. Played around with the mouse settings in Windows, nothing changed. Everything works flawlessly, except for the newer versions of Trainz, SP1 runs totally fine. Tried 3 different mouses, ranging from cheap to expensive, DPI/No DPI...still the game is much too sensitive.

I can't improve it sadly
test for the developers, play TRS19 before SP2, then right after try TRS22 or TRS19SP5

still the game is much too sensitive.
test for the developers, play TRS19 before SP2, then right after try TRS22 or TRS19SP5
The issue appears to be "the game is much too sensitive on your system".

The problem we have is that we are not seeing the issue you are seeing.

Test case:
Create new route in 109641 (pre SP2 build)
Switch to Drone camera
Place the mouse cursor in the middle of the map.
R-click and drag the mouse until the camera rotates 90 degrees.
Note how far the mouse moved to make the rotation. (~4cm)
Create new route in 116678
Switch to Drone camera
Place the mouse cursor in the middle of the map.
R-click and drag the mouse until the camera rotates 90 degrees.
Note how far the mouse moved to make the rotation. (~4cm)
Compare the amount the mouse moved.
On one PC here I got no change, on another maybe 10% change (I would say unnoticeable unless marking a piece of paper under the mouse to make the measurement.

Please provide your stats for comparison.

G'day Tony,

I've noticed the same thing too (very sensitive / jerky camera movements).

Using your suggestion above, I only needed to move my mouse, at most, 1cm, probably less to rotate 90deg.

My system is Windows10 and my build number is 116492. My current mouse is wireless but it was the same with two other, wired, mice that I've used previously and I don't have any issues with mouse tracking / sensitivity in any other applications.

Whatever the issue is, it means that it is pretty much impossible to smoothly track subjects or move viewpoints in views where the mouse+R-Click is used to rotate or pitch the view.

Just for info.

Cheers,
Piere.

Fyi, dev have looked into it and said "Looks like the standard ballistics algorithms are not published for Windows, and would rely on undocumented registry keys or other such configuration. We'd need to add some home-grown ballistics to WM_INPUT so that locked mouse input is considerably more precise at low speeds."

Meanwhile there may be some mouse settings you can play with to adjust sensitivity without affecting other things too much.

Just going to add myself to the list of affected users. Wired generic mouse, no fancy software, stock drivers - acceleration in windows is OFF (maybe that matters?) And the slightest right click cam movement spins me around 1247 degrees.

Also, I just checked and while normal mouse movement (IE the pointer) *does* obey windows "mouse speed", movement when right clicking completely ignores the speed setting.

Last edited:
The only time I've had this issue is when I load up Trainz-Plus, on my desktop and connect via remote desktop. All other times the camera is fine, so what's the difference?

Thats the salient question. I also note that when I can make the movements fine enough, the camera jumps quite a bit. It's not smooth, but like it has notches.

This may also be a clue.

As I said, no click movement of the pointer is smooth and as expected, so its something specific to the camera.

Back