TRS19 walk mode is more like ground view

Forester1

I don't know if this is only TRS19, or if anyone else has mentioned it, but in working with some views tonight, I notice that if I put the camera on "Walk" mode, I am not really at the height of a person. I am right at the ground, like I am laying there, and if I am near a loco or boxcar or what have you, I cannot see up, I can only look at the bottom portion of it. If I was walking close to these things, I would at least be able to look up at them, but the up arrow just moves closer. Is there any ctrl or alt or shift key combo to look up?

Ah - eyes versus computer monitors. It's all about humans having a pair of eye x feet off the ground, while the "camera" in game provides a much different view point.

Place a person in Surveyor, go into walk mode and walk up to the person. As you get close, are you seeing their feet or head? You will find their head is in the middle of the screen.

Perhaps Tony. I don't have time for a screenshot this morning, but I was looking at the tops of grass and rails. And an option to "tilt" the camera would still be nice. Stagecoach, left button for what?

You can tilt and rotate with the mouse button, just keep it pressed down and move the mouse. The keyboard only goes forward, backward, or left and right.

Just tested in SP5
placed a built-in male person and went to it, eye height was at his lower neck, so around 1.50m
my eyes are at 1.75m (different for us all), then ofc the top of the rails is at 0.3m
Would be nice to have an option in the future to set the eye height, for walk cam

a funny thing happened I took an screeny and no rails on the screeny
(built-in procedural track used)

I noticed in TRS22 when taking a screenshot the screen is refreshed and everything is reloaded.

I've seen the same issue with screenshots and disappearing track but most of the time it is the points of the switch that disappears for me. But it was in Trainz +.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I ran a little test, and I found in Surveyor, walk mode put me at about waist height (center screen) on a person I could not see the head when up close. In Driver mode, I was more like shoulder height on the same person and could see the head. The other thing is, it does not adjust for people on a platform, so then it may be only knee height. In neither Surveyor nor Driver mode did the left mouse button do anything. Is that new with 22 or SP5?

BOOM! Thank you, stagecoach! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I have preserved that in my Trainz OneNote

I ran a little test, and I found in Surveyor, walk mode put me at about waist height (center screen) on a person I could not see the head when up close. In Driver mode, I was more like shoulder height on the same person and could see the head. The other thing is, it does not adjust for people on a platform, so then it may be only knee height. In neither Surveyor nor Driver mode did the left mouse button do anything. Is that new with 22 or SP5?

That's because the people on the platform are higher while you are on the ground.

If I can move the "person" to look into a car, and it looks like a level view", THAT tells me I have the correct height. I also thought the Walk height was wrong but walking up to any car and seeing the interior straight -on says it is ok.

John, I wasn't clear, but that was kind of my point. Walk view does not get up on the platforms. It would be a big ask, so I am not really asking, but presumably if you are next to someone on a platform, you are also on the platform. Boleyd, I will give that a try. I usually seem to be about bogey height and no even up to the windows, especially since I am below the platform!

John, I wasn't clear, but that was kind of my point. Walk view does not get up on the platforms. It would be a big ask, so I am not really asking, but presumably if you are next to someone on a platform, you are also on the platform. Boleyd, I will give that a try. I usually seem to be about bogey height and no even up to the windows, especially since I am below the platform!

You mean you don't like puppy view? :)

Ha! Well, considering that when I rode the North Coast Limited I was a bit on the puppy side myself, it should be a familiar view! :hehe:

Use Drone view - Pg Up/Down to adjust height. Faster than walking too. :)

And, thanks for the screenshot bug info!

Back