TRS19 SP5 Official Release

Update went smoothly and also triggered an extensive database repair (lasted nearly ten minutes). My only question is something which has been nagging at me for ages: What difference does it make to anyone at all whether a certain color is "solid" or not? I know it's only a Warning, but ... why?

EDIT: I can also do without those tiny little icons at the left of the Name column. Are they removable?

Bill

Last edited:
Tony, why was the ability to change anti aliasing and Update rate settings removed? My GPU is back to 100% usage and stuttering, and I'm suspecting that's because the new AA preset is at 8x and update rate at ultra, something I always keep low because of how expensive it is. If you're going to remove the ability to adjust graphics settings, at least optimize something else in the game to compensate, as I currently can't run High shadows anymore at a reasonable framerate, and the game is just lagging again like before the Vulkan fix.

Overall disappointed.

Last edited:
@Tony_Hilliam - just wanted to say thanks for SP5 - I see a bunch of bug fixes in the patch notes - as a user, it's wonderful to see these kinds of updates!

Just a side note: I love the idea of a subscription to help subsidize long term development, but have always felt the cost of the subscription was too high - if you look at other lease vs buy ratios in life there are many examples to draw from where the subscription price for a year's access is less than the cost of the item - cars, adobe software, microsoft office, etc.. This is worsened by putting the software on sale, but not the subscription.
There's got to be a sweet spot on the subscription pricing, and I hope it's something you'll experiment with. I suspect you could have far more yearly subscribers if the cost was lower per year.

Installed and EDBR done with no problems. I did notice something odd concerning the available features per my username. My Steam version began as the North American Edition and later I purchased Platinum directly from N3V. When I did this my NA Edition began to display the Platinum branding and I was able to download the full range of DLC available to Platinum. I'm also pretty sure that Surveyor had the UDS interface. This was true for SP2, SP3 and SP4. Now once SP5 is installed I am back to only having Classic Surveyor although I still have the Platinum branding on the launcher. All my DLC is authorized and working fine. Should I have the UDS interface in both versions of TRS19?

This is just my opinion, but the "new" Surveyor compass rose is terrible! At the height I normally use to place items, it completely blocks the area I wish to place that item. When I zoom in, of course, it fades away, but that is sometimes TOO close for accurate placement. All the various colors are just what I didn't need what with all those spinning circles when placing a cluster of various splines in one small area. Any degrees I need can be had using a ruler, so why all the attention to something that isn't critical? Can it be changed back to the original rose?

As for stuttering and such, I'm with Dundun. I had my computer fine tuned exactly the way I wanted it and now I'll have to go back through the settings a refine them -- again.

Bill

In spanish version the names of the menus still like a previous beta versions:

n5s813A.png

Is it a bug?

hello,
same problem in french langage
cheers
gilles

Seems to be working fine over here. If anything, performance is a little better than before. And at last that awful Edit Sessions anomaly where locos and stock were backwards and/or lowered on their wheels appears to be fixed.
Thanks,
smyers

I can also do without those tiny little icons at the left of the Name column. Are they removable?

No, it seems that they can't be removed but I really do like them. Once I have learned them all (and I am getting there) I can do without the "Type" column which takes up much more screen space. Now if we can use color coding for each asset instead of the "Asset ID" column then Content manager would be prefect :hehe:

Driver Setup and Message Popup Rules failed on loading session

Just started a Session for a Route I am developing and the starting Message Popup did not appear.

On opening the Session Editor I noticed that both the Message Popup and Driver Setup rules were marked with red crosses and the message "Failed to load"(or something similar). I deleted both and reinserted them again. I had to reconfigure each but they are now working.

EDIT: Also noticed that my Trainz Plus no longer offers "Edit in Surveyor 2.0" as an option when switching from Driver to Surveyor. It only offers "Edit in Surveyor Classic".

Last edited:
No, it seems that they can't be removed but I really do like them. Once I have learned them all (and I am getting there) I can do without the "Type" column which takes up much more screen space. Now if we can use color coding for each asset instead of the "Asset ID" column then Content manager would be prefect :hehe:

True. You still have to use the "Type" column though in order to search for a certain type. You can't sort on the tiny icons.

Bill

Downloaded and installed with a 10 minute DBR and no issues, no missing dependencies and such. Awesome job guys!

Mine is just looping - I get the message there is an update, I choose Install, it confirms the path, the 'stream' (no idea what that is so I leave it alone) and my ID & Password, then I get the Windows 10 dialog about allowing this app to do whatever, then TRS19 starts again, and again it says there is an update. I've tried 4 times so far.

Oh one question. I have a Gold Membership, but the opening screen of Trainz now says "Platinum Edition." Is there something I need to do?

Dave

A few answers:

* Trainz Plus is available (to members) by downloading from MyTrainz. Trainz Plus is the latest version of Trainz and therefore TRS19 editions do not support Trainz Plus features like MPS.

* AA x2 causes a number of visual artifacts and was deemed to be no longer required. Given the feedback we are looking at reinstating it.

* Translations - this is a bug that unfortunately was not noticed during testing.

* Unknown assets - this occurs if you use your TRS22/Trainz Plus database with TRS19. These items are unknown to TRS19 as they require the TRS22 content set (which has a few thousand new items in total). The solution is to ignore these or create a new local data folder.

What I don't understand:
- why this release is called Official?
>>
Because it is not a beta release.

- why it shows as Platinum for a Plus user? (its just a pic I know)
>>
Explained above

- why translations can be wrong for a product that exists over 3 years?
>>
It's called a bug. The translations are actually there (/resources/strings) but not being recognised in some areas of the game.

- why plain obvious interface issues do not get repaired/improved?
>>
Because we haven't allocated time to cosmetic issues while we are dealing with functional issues, crash bugs, and other higher priority tasks

- driverlist, sliders, my collection topmenu, #trainzchat, store, scripted minimap
>>
you're missing quite a few. We could probably spend a whole quarter updating the UI. People would then say "why waste time on that while there are more important things to address".

- why (this is personal) I still think build 100240 is the best Trainz ever.
>>
You don't mention why. I guess having ~100 crash bugs and several hundred other bugs that we've fixed since then don't affect you

- why PhysX gets turned off by most us, cause it degrades performance
>>
Isn't it off by default? It was introduced to provide additional physics features (like smoke deflecting off surfaces) but requires a lot more work before it is optimised. Perhaps we could shelve your quarterly UI update to address Physx instead.

- and I see no work being done to solve that.
>>
Correct. It is a lower priority and can be turned off.

- why people have to use alternative Directx functions to improve framerates
>>
Because we don't make software drivers. Please ask AMD and nvidia to improve their graphics drivers.

The solution to all these things is to double the team size and double the number of things we can do each year. If we doubled the price, we wouldn't get double the revenue, so that option won't work. Please provide better ideas.

Assets (the "CV" scenery rocks) that were installed from the DLS in the previous beta version are now labelled as "Unknown Location"

<kuid:942118:721> CV Ground 05
<kuid:942118:713> CV Flat 01
<kuid:942118:714> CV Flat 02
<kuid:942118:717> CV Ground 01
<kuid:942118:718> CV Ground 02
<kuid:942118:719> CV Ground 03

Comparing the SP5 update with the last pre-SP5 beta (116492) it seems that two assets that were built into the beta are missing from the SP5 release.

<kuid:942118:712> Flat Lib
<kuid:942118:716> Ground Lib

My observations

N3V, why did you disable these options? This breaks a lot of sessions that requires the player to move the driver from one engine to another engine....
This worked perfectly in SP4 but is broken in SP5. This applies to both Steam and N3V versions.

dEtWUUD.png

Steam version has more bugs. I'm signed into my Trainz account and there are no platinum features enabled; no camera mods, no USD, no additional features. It has reverted back to standard. Yes I'm signed in. Yes I've cheared the login, yes I've done everything else and did no good.

This is just as bad as SP4.

Not happy,
Cheers

Is there anyway to get rid of the new texture interface whereby any new baseboards added , have a ground texture already in place. I noticed this on the new SP5 build. There is a roundabout way to get rid of this ridiculous new "feature" but I prefer much simpler and "ïf it ain't broke, don't fix it" method of having bare baseboards added. leave the texture additions to those of us who want to do it "öur" way! I am reminded of another adage...KISS...keep it simple stupid. Why change something that has worked ...What little hair I have left is slowly being pulled out!!!

Is there anyway to get rid of the new texture interface whereby any new baseboards added

The short answer is to change the Region in the Route Editor to "Grid Region".

For a better answer, you can add your preferred texture to an existing region by adding the tag "default-texture" to its config.txt file and setting it to the kuid of the texture required.

default-texture <kuid:-25:1180>

What little hair I have left is slowly being pulled out!!!

Think how much you will save on haircuts. :D

Last edited:
Back