TRS19 SP5 Official Release

I'm pretty sure it is working as expected.

Please advise how your repro differs:

1. Create route
  2. Add some water and leave as default
  3. Save route
  4. Change to session layer
  5. Make the water Green
  6. Save session only and name it Green
  7. Exit route
  8. Edit route
  9. Route loads with default water
  10. Exit route
  11. Edit Session
  12. Session loads with Green water
  13. Change the water to Red
  14. Save and Create new Session
  15. Name the new session Red
  16. Exit Session
  17. Load the route - water is default
  18. Exit and load the Red session - water is Red
  19. Exit and load the Green session - water is Green

I'm pretty sure it is working as expected.

Please advise how your repro differs:

1. Create route
  2. Add some water and leave as default
  3. Save route
  4. Change to session layer
  5. Make the water Green
  6. Save session only and name it Green
  7. Exit route
  8. Edit route
  9. Route loads with default water
  10. Exit route
  11. Edit Session
  12. Session loads with Green water
  13. Change the water to Red
  14. Save and Create new Session
  15. Name the new session Red
  16. Exit Session
  17. Load the route - water is default
  18. Exit and load the Red session - water is Red
  19. Exit and load the Green session - water is Green

Hi Tony,

I guess that's what I'm getting at. I don't want the session to be the only place that retains the default water colors from the environment settings. I know this is possible given that when I load a Route, not a session, from another creator whether it be from the DLS or 3rd party, those routes have custom water values set, despite my selection of 'Edit Route' and not loading a session. Prior to SP5, if I set my water to a specific color pattern on the Route Layer, it would remain as such, similar to what I experience when I load a route in.

For Example, if I select 'Edit Route' on Coal Country as downloaded from my Trainz Portal (Not from JR) there are custom water values in there, pre-defined, non-default values. I'm not on the session layer, it's locked and turned off. Given what you said above, I'm not sure how this would then be possible. If that makes sense?

The water (Whether set up as it's own layer, on the Route Layer itself, or an effect layer) also randomly loses the reflections within in and goes to what looks like the default reflections.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm running into a couple problems starting my Trainz application. Each time I double click on the application it starts to load and then stops. The start-up screen doesn't pop up either. These problems started after I updated my Trainz 19 to the SP5 update. If anyone has any solutions to this problem, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Dean

My suggestions:
- Run the trs19.exe from the install folder
- If that fails, reinstall SP4, check it runs, the patch again.

Hey there
Since the new release the 'Interlocking Towers an Enhanced I.T.s' don't work properly anymore. I even went as far as uninstalling the Steam Version and reinstalling at Build 117026. Same difference. I build a test track using three different signal types <kuid2:83501:24525:6> Hl H/V-100,<kuid2:343955:29172:1> Hv-Hsig ( 1969-B ) and <kuid2:290995:970049:1> TCS HV-69 HSig (rechts) , the signals work fine until you try running them with an interlocking tower then they stop displaying properly or completely (HI). Also the Direction Markers are not working properly. The 'Path Rule' has not worked in TRS19 from the start. So since this release most of my routes don't work properly anymore and there is no easy way to set up paths.
Thanks a lot !!!!

Hey there
Since the new release the 'Interlocking Towers an Enhanced I.T.s' don't work properly anymore. I even went as far as uninstalling the Steam Version and reinstalling at Build 117026. Same difference. I build a test track using three different signal types <kuid2:83501:24525:6> Hl H/V-100,<kuid2:343955:29172:1> Hv-Hsig ( 1969-B ) and <kuid2:290995:970049:1> TCS HV-69 HSig (rechts) , the signals work fine until you try running them with an interlocking tower then they stop displaying properly or completely (HI). Also the Direction Markers are not working properly. The 'Path Rule' has not worked in TRS19 from the start. So since this release most of my routes don't work properly anymore and there is no easy way to set up paths.
Thanks a lot !!!!

Hello karl1dlp, My name is Laurence and I am a new member of the N3V QA team. I will have a look at the issues you have raised.

The best way for a problem to be fixed however, is to provide full details through our bug report form: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Welcome to the development team of the best Train Simulator Laurence

Hope your boss gives you the freedom/time, to read this forum and Discord
Not everything the community wants/struggles with, ends up in a bug form/report, why?
a bug report will not be seen by all of us and we cannot see what has happened to it.
it already is a great Sim, but potential to be even better, specially if a fresh crewmember looks a it

highly recommended:
-Read the threads in the beta parts of the forum
-Read the threads in the Suggestion Boxcar part of the forum
-Write a short summary of your specialties/history and post, so we get to know you
-Let the boss give you a few Trainz versions, so you can have them on your timeline

enjoy your new job !
greetings GM

Yes, Laurence, welcome to the Trainz community.

a bug report will not be seen by all of us and we cannot see what has happened to it.

True. I (almost) always post a report in the relevant forums on each bug report that I make and post the response from N3V QA when it arrives.

So recently I wanted to try Trainz-plus (TRS-19 version) downloaded the last patch, ran a session. Closed it out. Opened it up later, found out there was a new patch. Installed the patch, the splash changed to TRS22-Trainz plus. This is not right. I ran quiet a few sessions, opening and closing each time, rebooting occasionally. Yesterday I ran several sessions. Closed the game out, opened the game again and was locked out. Contacted the help desk. Found out that I was supposed to download two more patches. I did that, downloaded the two patches, and found out that I was locked again. When Trainz 19 Standard finishes downloading and if I am locked out again...or has installed Trainz 22, there is going to be some problems.

Now there is going to be problems over lost created content. Every thing came out OK. I am back in. Now back to the next issue-Deleting the patch . exe. I won't have the next generation "nagging nelly" nagging me to install TRS 22. This is the only way I believe to shut this down.

As I understand it, Trainz Plus is always the latest version of Trainz. So I think TRS19Plus will always try to upgrade to TRS22 Plus. Someone can correct me if I am mistaken. It means if you want to stay with TRS19, you need to stay with TRS19 Standard or Platinum, not Plus.

So recently I wanted to try Trainz-plus (TRS-19 version) downloaded the last patch, ran a session. Closed it out. Opened it up later, found out there was a new patch. Installed the patch, the splash changed to TRS22-Trainz plus. This is not right....When Trainz 19 Standard finishes downloading and if I am locked out again...or has installed Trainz 22, there is going to be some problems.

There is no TRS-19 version of Trainz Plus. Just as there is no TRS-22 version of Trainz Plus. Trainz Plus is always Trainz Plus.

Trainz Plus is always the latest version of Trainz.

Correct. When you install Trainz Plus you will get all the features of the latest Trainz retail release PLUS additional features not available in the retail versions.

I will assume that when you upgraded to Trainz Plus from TRS-19 the latest release of Trainz was TRS-22. That means that your copy of Trainz Plus came with all the features of TRS22 (including those not found in TRS19 such as the UDS Interface, new camera positions, new effect layer features, etc, etc plus some free DLC). It also came with Surveyor 2.0 (not available in any retail versions of Trainz). The next quarterly update of Trainz Plus is likely to include the new HD Terrain features which is not available in other retail Trainz versions.

When the next new retail version of Trainz is released (and there will always be new retail versions released - Trainz is not going subscription only), lets call it TRS-25, then Train Plus will be updated to include all the new features of that release PLUS additional features that are unique to Trainz Plus.

By upgrading to Trainz Plus you now have a far better version of Trainz than you had in TRS-19, or even what you would have got if you purchased the retail version of TRS-22.

Congratulations on making the move over.

My thoughts.

Back