question on train routing on trainz 19

fourteen

having a problem with all trains going through the siding, that has industries, but not staying on the mainline. is there a way to keep them on the mainline, but still have the ones that need to go into the siding to pick up/drop off.

It looks as if the priority markers would work for the passenenger locomotives if set them to priority 1 with marker on main track. Thanks.

having a problem with all trains going through the siding, that has industries, but not staying on the mainline. is there a way to keep them on the mainline, but still have the ones that need to go into the siding to pick up/drop off.

It looks as if the priority markers would work for the passenenger locomotives if set them to priority 1 with marker on main track. Thanks.

Add a trackmark on the mainline that is called "Industry Bypass" and have them "navigate via" or "drive via" and they will stay on the mainline. It probably is shorter distance going through the siding so they choose that instead of the mainline.

This is how I have done it.

Put the priority markers on the siding going to the industry, on both sides if needed. Point them towards the industry or target. Assign them priority 1 or 3. The default is 2 so mainline traiffic will stay on track.

When you instruct a consist to go to the industry or target, it will ignore the priority marker to get there.

I had thought of the track mark , but would have to do ever consist then. trying the proity markers on main line with it being 1. having the siding at 3 might work also. will have to see which works best. Thanks all

As info.. In terms of importance, "Priority" marks don't actually indicate priority at all. "1" has no more priority than "3" or "2", etc. They are actually "preferred path" markers. Simply stated: Main line can remain default 2 and then set the sidings to 1 or 3 and set trains to match.

The markers do seam to work better. i just see a few going therough the siding, guessing maybe because the main line has a train on it maybe. Thanks for the help.

Don't forget that navigate to/via allows the train to find its own way around obstacles to the next command. Drive to/via makes it wait and take the more direct route to the next command.

Depending upon how long the track is you need to bypass, you may want to use more than one track mark.

Use one at the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the exit.

The reason for this is because the AI will always take the shortest path. By using a Drive via track mark1, Drive via track mark 2, and Drive via track mark 3, you can ensure your AI drivers will remain on the path you want. Using Drive via here instead of Navigate via track mark is important. The Drive via or Drive to is implicit and the AI can't seek out a faster way to navigate to their final destination. The Navigate commands while similar allow the AI to seek a quicker way on their own to their destination track marks. With the Navigate commands, an AI driver can and will back up and reverse to get to that track mark if they have to.

Setting this up manually for multiple drivers can be outright painful but there's a solution for that called the Schedule Library rule and its related Copy Commands from command.

In the Session Setup, add in the Schedule Library and in the Driver Commands add in and enable the Copy Commands from driver command.

You setup the schedule in the Schedule library by creating the schedule just as you would if you added in the commands manually.

When it comes time to assign the schedule to your drivers, you simply choose Copy Commands from and then choose Insert from Library where you choose the schedule from the list.

If you have a very complex schedule, it's recommended to add in a wait 20 seconds in the beginning to allow the schedule to load. You can also chain multiple schedules together in a similar fashion by placing the Copy Commands from driver command in sequence. Like the first iteration, use the insert schedule. The append doesn't work properly and never did even in the early days.

Don't forget that navigate to/via allows the train to find its own way around obstacles to the next command. Drive to/via makes it wait and take the more direct route to the next command.

i use the navigate command to send it to the industry. setting the drive to etc even with the copy thing below, would take to much time. I am to lasy lol. The priority(which is not really a priority) seams to be working for the most part for me now. HAve to try it and a couple other routes that i had same problem. Wish the priority was really a priority, so you could have one or more trains bump others out of the way for them.

Back