Watch your mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's why I added the Amfleet bogie sounds for Amtrak's Horizon Coaches That I Made.

And Suddenly It's Silent and it goes to default track sound.

That's Strange! :confused:

The bigger question for me is how did this get into a Dave Snow asset? Dave Snow would never put that in there. At least I don't think so, and his assets generally don't have an email contact in them. And since gramma's is a reskin of Dave's, I expect it just got passed on. But if Dave did not put it in there, how did it get in?

there's no realistic way to scan a config file during the upload process, and DLS content is not checked manually before it goes up. no way to prevent this and even then, it's not that big of a deal

Last edited:
The bigger question for me is how did this get into a Dave Snow asset? Dave Snow would never put that in there. At least I don't think so, and his assets generally don't have an email contact in them. And since gramma's is a reskin of Dave's, I expect it just got passed on. But if Dave did not put it in there, how did it get in?

It MOST DEFINITELY did not come from me. I abhor filthy language of any kind. And as for the "F" word, it should be eliminated from all earth languages. And while they're at it, they can eliminate Tattoos, pink hair, and piercings, too.

So is this why it still got passed through to the DLS with this language?

The short answer is that no human actually checks every line of code in a submitted asset (config.txt, script, message texts, etc) and who would want that job not to mention all the complaints about asset approvals taking soooooo long. Too many people assume that English is the only language used by asset creators so the checks would have to be done in every language supported by Trainz.

Not even an AI system could handle the job as there are too many variations and many words that sound rude but aren't - "Fuksheet", for example, is an old English term for a sail attached to the mainmast of a ship. Or "Penistone", the name of a town in Yorkshire, England. Would you really want the AI censor banning an asset because the description tag in its config.txt file stated that "This session involves a lot of shunting around Penistone to deliver a shipment of fuksheets to the boat builders"?

My (naughty) thoughts for the week.

Last edited:
If you knew the meaning of the word in the config file, you would wonder why we made it a bad word.

It was an acronym for how a certain waste was to be safely stored on wooden ships until dumped in the ocean. They found a way to keep it from heating up and burning those ships. You would be surprised how many words we use daily mean something completely different in other languages.

It would be Impossible to scan every config file to catch four little letters hiden in an email address. I would be more concerned how it got into someone else's file.

Not to mention all the noise from everyone complaining how their rights would be trampled if N3V were to reject anything because of apparent language issues. Besides, what language should they censor, if it was even possible. If you translate "you can go" into Dutch, you get a word that seems to refer to an intimate part female anatomy. I'm sure there are many more non-English words that resemble "naughty" English words.
Or, let it slide. It's buried in the config file. Who reads config files unless you really need to?

If that address is bad, you should see the one I set up for places I need to put one in for a one time thing. I accidentally used it to set up my account here and talked to Zec through it over an issue.

Reminds me, I need to change it in my MyTrainz account before ordering 2019 next week.

I guess anyone with the name Dick should be banned from the forums too? My god what a useless conversation is this.

I guess anyone with the name Dick should be banned from the forums too? My god what a useless conversation is this.

Yep, yet its got attention, its a bit like people who crowd round a car accident , its like clickbait
I find it depressing , as I just spent four years making a complex prototypical route which I announced was on the DLS several weeks ago, and this thread has has more posts and almost as many views as my announcement in under TWO DAYS , says something about human nature, and its not a good something. :confused:

Yep, yet its got attention, its a bit like people who crowd round a car accident , its like clickbait
I find it depressing , as I just spent four years making a complex prototypical route which I announced was on the DLS several weeks ago, and this thread has has more posts and almost as many views as my announcement in under TWO DAYS , says something about human nature, and its not a good something. :confused:
Everyone is too busy driving on your awesome creation to post about it. I haven't even got halfway and I'm constantly in awe of the scenery.
Don't feel bad about this thread, it is at the top of General Trainz and has a clickbait title. Everyone wants a look at it. Freeware Announcements on the other hand is tucked away and visited by people with specific needs.
cheers
Graeme

This is why sensationalized and less than factual news channels are more popular than real "boring day to day" factual news channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back