Issue with Winterbound Express Westbound Session on Denver Moffat Route

Rusty0918

Shortly after dropping the skiiers off at Winter's Pass (I think), I go further west and then I get a notification I passed a danger signal, when there clearly was NOT a danger signal indicated at all (I didn't pass any signal when the notification came up and then terminated my session). This seems like a bug that should be fixed!

I just ran the same session today, nice run. You get 2 snow runs and a normal run with train hauler boxes.

RJArtim

Last edited:
I just ran the same session today. After dropping of skiers your told to go to Fraser. After passing the station your to stop on the big red hand, and that ends the session.

I don't make it to Frasier. For no apparent reason, shortly after I drop off the skiers, I proceed further westbound until I get that notification that I passed a red signal, which I never did. It makes so sense, seriously. Of course there was that stop I had to make for that stalled freight train earlier and was able to eventually flip the switch. Something is up with this session, that much I know.

I made the originals of those sessions and in that original there was a second drop off or pick up of passenger at Fraser and N3V changed the end to make only the pick up or drop off at Winter Park so I am sorry but it is over to N3V to fix any bug introduced after the Winter Park stop.

How is Rome for you. Rome was wonderful to work. Did you worked there, the guys said they never heard of you. Hate to tell you they were saying about you. I worked for 27 years for John and I am the best he ever had.
You did not work for John for 27 years. I was there for 27 years. And the guys I work with don't laugh at me, they laugh at you. Cause you are not working there. You are John's best worker, that is me.

Tell the truth. RJ Artim

Last edited:
Speed limits are set in the route layer and as far as I know they were based on actual data available but the route was created in Italy and the two Amtrak sessions made in the UK so any better information regarding actual line speed limits would be gratefully received.

I had a strange one the loco display flashed on the first one up the hill but the 2nd run the display on loco is ok.

also had the the problem with the red signal on way up the hill so thats why I decied to try the downhill run also to see if display had same problem

Tom

Last edited:
I don't make it to Frasier. For no apparent reason, shortly after I drop off the skiers, I proceed further westbound until I get that notification that I passed a red signal, which I never did. It makes so sense, seriously. Of course there was that stop I had to make for that stalled freight train earlier and was able to eventually flip the switch. Something is up with this session, that much I know.

I had a similar problem. Never made it to Fraser. I was on the hilll with a Clear (Green over Red) signal in front of me, and a 2nd green visible on the terrain map. All of the sudden the signal in front of me went dropped to Stop (Red over Red), as did the 2nd signal visible on the terrain map. I put my train in Emergency but nonethelss passed the signal. Game over... as I had not saved, and had been playing for 45 minutes, I was pretty annoyed. :'(

Last edited:
To clarify why some people are having trouble and others aren't in this session, there was a bug with the signals (actually two different bugs). These have both been fixed and the update shouldn't be too far away.

As the original author of the session I am surprised that the signals have bugs because in TRS19 when the session was developed and had the second stop at Fraser I had to set up the signals in the session to allow the signal warning system in the cabs of the original DLS locomotives to stop issuing warnings. At that time the signalling system was set up correctly and worked perfectly. I do not understand how it can be bugged and only on specific signals.

Bob

To clarify why some people are having trouble and others aren't in this session, there was a bug with the signals (actually two different bugs). These have both been fixed and the update shouldn't be too far away.

So I updated the route (or at least I thought I downloaded the updated version). Same issue happened except that this time I was expecting it. Essentially, a trigger for a meet caused an opposing to come towards mine and took over control of the signal. As I managed to break in time this time, I did not burn the Red signal. Unfortunately the switches were locked. So I took control of the AI train and removed the engineer. This allowed me to take control of the switches again and go around the freight. As a result, I was able to complete the session. I can try it again if you need more specific details.

The latest version is <kuid2:661281:200040:10> Schwaninger Land.
You may also need the latest build for the signal fix to work (I'm not sure if it is content only or content plus code).

Back