Final-Final SP5 Release Candidate now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've prepared one more release candidate prior to releasing the next TRS19 Service Pack update.

If you're planning on updating TRS19 SP4 to SP5 then we recommend you do so now and let us know of any issues you find.

Patches are available on the TRS19 Beta patch stream and TRS19 PE Beta for:

TRS19 SP5 RC 116313 to TRS19 SP5 RC 116453 (PC)

TRS19 SP5 Beta 116015 to TRS19 SP5 RC 116470 (Mac) - this should fix the Big Sur issues.

Last edited:
Last week I used the advertised patch to take TRS19 Platinum from build 114800 to TRS22 build 116492. I am a Trainz Plus member.

I have a second TRS19 Platinum installation that was updated some time ago to build 116313. Today's patch takes this to TRS19 build 116453. There was no patch available to take it to TRS22 build 116492, as with my other Platinum build.

What please is the latest recommended patch for TRS19 Platinum? Should I have waited for a new TRS19 Platinum Beta patch?

Ingha

For Trainz Plus members (and Gold)

1. TRS19 114800 to TRS22 build 116492 using Trainz Plus patch stream = TRS22 Trainz Plus. This offers TRS22 content, S20 and latest Trainz Plus features and content to follow
TRS19 Release Candidate 116313 to TRS19 SP5 RC 116453 using TRS19 Beta. This gives you the latest TRS19 install.

The two will happily co-exist as long as you point each to a different local data folder.

Note that while you current have "access" to the TRS22 routes in TRS19, this is temporary while we continue toward the TRS22 official release. (If you update your TRS19 versions of those TRS22 routes you'll end up with missing deps.)

So my question would be "why do you want TRS19 installed when TRS22 Trainz Plus offers more features and (apart from a very limited set), no missing features?"

TY Tony, update to build 116453 was fast
the base game works fine with the testing I did so far, good job

The same comments as TRS22beta on the interface design, please take it serious

a TRS19 user just want to see "Edit in Surveyor",
not "Edit in Surveyor Classic", since there is no other Surveyor in TRS19

without a full changelist it is kinda hard to beta test
happy to test more, if I know what to look for or test
greetings GM

So my question would be "why do you want TRS19 installed when TRS22 Trainz Plus offers more features and (apart from a very limited set), no missing features?"

As a Session builder I regularly want to check sessions is compatible with the version of Trainz that the route in which it runs was built in. To that end I maintained TRS12 until all the routes and sessions were compatible with TANE and into TRS19. In one special case I will also need to verify compatibility of sessions in TANE, TRS19 and TRS22. I have already confirmed that the route is compatible apart from various multi-industry tracks that have been broken and not fixed with version changes. I hope that is an answer to your question.

I do object to temporary availability of features / assets because it can add things to the engine of a certain build that effect the long-term performance of that version of Trainz. I am a user with currently three separate installations of Trainz versions on two different PCs for the precise purpose of validating the backwards compatibility of my creations. There is one instance of a museum that was provided with a PC and TANE specifically to run an Historic route with period specific rolling stock and session to show off the route and it train sets. The chances of that being updated to a newer version of Trainz is remote so I and the rest of the team that created that route and its sessions will be making every effort to support the Museum to keep the presentation fresh and functions into the future.

Does this mean then that we can now use TRS22 beta build 116492 for all our work (treating it like a public release) and stop using TRS19 going forward?

Please Tony do NOT orphan routes and assets just becasue it takes more work coding to keep them working in your new versions. It is a most serious issue and threatens the integrity of thousands and thousands of honest players who have crafted routes and assets beyond number. I myself have created over 2000 and hope to see them alive and well from older versions of important routes from older versions of Trainz in your ongoing development. the latest and greatest minute detail feature is not worth orphaning and leaving behind part of the heritage of Trainz. You have a fine sim already arguably the finest of any Rail sim, and one i support wholeheartedly but i do want to make this message crystal clear. Be fair to us and we will continue to work hard for the future of Trainz too.
Chris

Please Tony do NOT orphan routes and assets just because it takes more work coding to keep them working in your new versions.

I think you've misunderstood my post. Routes will work in higher versions, but routes created in higher versions will not work in lower versions. So TRS22 routes will not run in TRS19. All your own TRS19 routes will work in TRS22.

Does this mean then that we can now use TRS22 beta build 116492 for all our work (treating it like a public release) and stop using TRS19 going forward?

In case you missed it, TRS22 Trainz Plus is officially released (so recommended for route creation). https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?166962-Trainz-Plus-Official-S20-Release
TRS22 (non Trainz Plus) is considered "Early Access" because all the content is not yet complete or released, and there are more bug fixes and tweaks to come.

The same comments as TRS22beta on the interface design, please take it serious
We're still working on things that don't work correctly. Things that don't look as good as they could are lower priority. Please understand that to fix every outstanding issue raised on the forums is probably 5 years work. Your lists include a number of things that can clearly be improved but leave out hundreds more, not to mention all the feature requests.

Is this update only for TRS19 Beta users? I have TRS19 Platinum Beta and I don't have got any update.

3rd line in post #1:
Patches are available on the TRS19 Beta patch stream...

Edit: update - see Tony's post below (I thought sure I was on reg Beta patch when I updated my copy - but I'm plus)

Last edited:
Back