How do I successfully submit an edited kuid?

Od19

This a sort of continuation of a previous thread. (link to previous thread: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...eparate-custom-assets-as-if-they-are-the-same )
Here's some backstory to what I'm attempting. I have two pieces of TGV rollingstock that I painted in Trainz Paintshed, I wanted to import them to Trainz 19 but encountered a problem. The two items had the same kuid ID and so the game wouldn't allow both of them to exist simultaneously, it would just replace one with the other, every time I try importing them.

In the previous it was suggested to me that I try editing the kuids to resolve the problem, I have tried to edit the kuid of one of the items by changing the last number in the config file, but, I wasn't able to submit successfully because the game told me "unable to submit due to wrong kuid". How do I submit without getting this error?

To change a kuid first select an unused kuid number in the My Content section and write it down.
Now open the asset you want to change for editing by show in explorer.
Drag and drop the asset folder to somewhere you can work with it. I use desktop.
rename the folder you have moved by changing the kuid to your new one, DO NOT CHANGE THE FORMAT.
open the folder and open the config file, find the line entry "kuid" and replace the old kuid with your new one.
Save the config file and close the folder.
Finally drag and drop the folder into content manager and it should install the replacement asset.
PLEASE NOTE: this is for your private use only if you have altered someone else's asset before you can redistribute it you must get the original authors permission and make the full acknowledgment in the description in the config file.

If you select "My Content" it will show only those items you have created. Sort by kuid number and pick a gap in the number sequence.
If you do not have Content Manager set to show kuid numbers click in the title line and add column then select kuid.

How will I know if the kuid is unused?

This can be a major problem if you are importing some of your older creations from one version of Trainz to another. Many creators use a spreadsheet to manage this with blocks of (kuid) numbers for different kinds of assets.

If you keep your created assets in Windows project folders then it is relatively easy to recreate assets that have been overwritten. Also makes it easier to back up your creations to another Windows storage location.

Back