Signal/switch problems

cashaber

ok this is something I hope this turns out well... I have 2 trains head on fighting for the same switch here is what I am talking about

= double track
- Single track
s - Signal
S the switch they fight over

South ---------------------------train2>----S<=s=<train1=======================s=>-------------------------------------- North

I have about 50 miles of track mostly single track with sidings every so often. one train is waiting to go south and the other on its way going North.
The Train1 is waiting for the SB train on the siding. The NB train (train2) is chugging away and approaches the signal then stops. the switch to allow the NB train to continue is the switch the 2 trains are fighting over. the switch keeps flipping and the NB train chugs then stops chugs then stops, all the while the switch keeps flipping. its a never ending cycle until they both just give up and stop
btw I am using US Signals 2 and 4 in respective order

my thoughts: Are the signals are to close together? in this case are the signals I am using supposed to be another number? I have not tested this in trs19 but I believe the same thing will happen there too.

Last edited:
The easy solution is to remove the signal on the single track because you have created a block on the single track. The other way is to use EIT to set up paths.

You could use track priority markers on the siding, then set them to 3, then set one consist to priority 3. This one consist will always use that track, while the other should stay away as the default priority is 2.

The alternative is to use direction markers and force the AI to take a specific path while traveling in a specific direction.

Signal Setup.jpg

Not my best artwork, not that I'm an artist, but hopefully this illustrates what was said. The yellow arrows are the direction markers. They act as one-way signs.

Hi cashaber --

I have a couple of layouts and sessions on the Download Station where AI trainz traverse the layout in opposite directions, passing each other at crossing loops located along a single track main line -- just as you want your AI to do.

See here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...S19-layout-quot-The-Krashnburne-Railroad-quot

and here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...del-railroad-quot-The-IntenCity-Railroad-quot

The additional challenge of the sessions is that you, the Player, need to move from one yard to the next, timing your movements between the AI trianz.

You might like to download the layouts and sessions, and just sit back to watch the progress of the AI trainz around the layout. It's fascinating to see them work out how to proceed from one loop to the next. Then take the layouts to pieces to see how it's done.

Phil

Back