Problems with the coupling of wagon and locomotive

teddyberlin

UserID: 329138
Hello!

I have a small problem with TRS19 PE, Build 114800.
When I have been driving for a while, whether manually or automatically (KI), it happens on various routes that trains uncouple and then do not recouple.

That is, the train approaches the wagons, but I can not couple for unknown reasons. I tried it manually. But also automatically. The wagons (regardless of which ones) cannot be coupled.

The strange thing is that i have previously already coupled several times, first on one side and then on the other. But suddenly it no longer works.

Does anyone know what the reason could be?
As I said, it is purely random which locomotive, wagon or map it is.

Regards

Hi Teddy, what version you use (buildnr)
think there were problems in SP4, but fixed in the latest beta, so SP5 will be ok

TRS19 PE
Build 114800
I think this should be SP4.

It only works in the beta?
Because I don't install a beta versions.

Hello.
I have now updated to build 116313 (over TRS19 PE Beta).

But it still does not work.
After a while I can no longer couple the wagons.

Wagons that have been uncoupled from a locomotive cannot be recoupled to the same locomotive.

Last edited:
Its long time ago, but still the same problem. :eek:

Meanwhile I use TRS19 PE Build 119450.

I have tested it and the problem also exists on this route (Kickstarter County 2).

So I tested it with the built-in 'SP SD45' locomotive And the 'Custom 40' Boxcar - #1'. And it's always the same problem.
Once the locomotive has been coupled to the wagon, it cannot, for unknown reasons, be coupled to the wagon again.
And even if you uncouple the first wagon after the locomotive from the second wagon, you can't couple it again either.

I have also tested it with the locomotive and the wagon on other Maps and there the problem was also partly there.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But i can never tell when, what and why.

I also let my son test everything in his TRS19 PE and he also had the same problems here and there.
But I can never tell on which track and with which locomotives or wagons.

Here again is a brief description of the actual problem::

"A locomotive with 3 wagons A-B-C sets off and is coupled to A. At any point, the locomotive uncouples from A and couples to C and then continues to any destination.
At the destination, the locomotive uncouples from C and is supposed to couple to A again. It also goes there but, for unknown reasons, it can no longer couple.
The locomotive only pushes the wagons in front of it. Automatic and manual coupling does not work. "

And we are not the only ones who have this problem!

Last edited:
I've heard, but not tested, that it might be related to frame rate. [Did not get a response when I asked what frame rate to shoot for.]

Did you make sure the hand brakes were set after uncoupling? I think there was issues with some wagons sripts interacting with the hand brakes?

Just a thought

Yes, I have.

But it also happens when the KI is driving and wants to couple/uncouple from time to time.

But if you say it might be due to the Script, then the script must not work properly in general.
Because it happens with different vehicles and you can never tell when and with which one.
And that means that it is a Trainz problem.

Someone told me that the problem already existed in T:ane, even if only rarely.

The issue was reported during the beta testing, but the problem was it was extremely intermittent making the task of tracking down the exact cause difficult.

If you can track the exact steps you did to cause the failure and can repeat them, fill out a bug report and submit that to the helpdesk.

Since the issue is script-related, you should enable Show script exception notifications in the Dev tab. This is located in Trainz Settings.

When you run Trainz and a script error occurs, you'll get the infamous red bug. Clicking on that will reveal the error message which you can then copy and paste into a bug report.

Once you capture your error(s), you can then turn that option off so you don't get bothered by red bugs that have nothing to do with this issue if there are any.

That is exactly the problem. I can't tell what it is and when it occurs.
It is completely irregular. That's why it's also impossible to say what's causing it.

Script errors do not occur. I was only referring to Christoph824's statement.

Back