Screenshot of The Week: February 6 to February 13 2022 (No Theme)

Here comes the CSX Very Long Manifest Freight Train In [FONT=&quot]Leadville Sub Division.

[/FONT]
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Painted in "photographic grey" (also known as "works grey") the new locomotive is positioned for its photograph before being wheeled back into the workshop for its final paint scheme:

TheGreyGhost_09.jpg

Wikipedia:
"Photographic grey, also known as works grey, was a paint scheme commonly applied to steam locomotives during the period before colour photography became commonplace. It was applied to allow sharper, more detailed images of the locomotive to be recorded. The first photographs of railways and their locomotives were made by private individuals, but by the 1860s the railway companies themselves were keen to create official photographs of the highest quality possible of their latest designs, which led to the adoption of photographic grey in railway photography."

Phil

It's January 21st, 1979, and this Pittsburgh-based crew would rather be at the local Pittsburgh bar watching their hometown Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XIII. However, the road foreman, who's also a Steelers fan, assured them that they would be back in Pittsburgh for kickoff. However, he made sure to inform the dispatcher that if they don't make it back before kickoff, "Turn your radio to WTAE-AM and put your microphone right next to it so everyone on the tracks can hear our boys beat those Cowboys." Fortunately for the crew, they'd make it back to Pittsburgh with a couple hours to spare, and finally managed to find a local bar to watch their Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Dallas Cowboys 35 to 31.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
It's January 21st, 1979, and this Pittsburgh-based crew would rather be at the local Pittsburgh bar watching their hometown Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XIII. However, the road foreman, who's also a Steelers fan, assured them that they would be back in Pittsburgh for kickoff. However, he made sure to inform the dispatcher that if they don't make it back before kickoff, "Turn your radio to WTAE-AM and put your microphone right next to it so everyone on the tracks can hear our boys beat those Cowboys." Fortunately for the crew, they'd make it back to Pittsburgh with a couple hours to spare, and finally managed to find a local bar to watch their Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Dallas Cowboys 35 to 31.
What a cool story! Being from Dallas, you may expect me to be a HUGE Cowboys fan, but I'm not. I don't even really enjoy football :hehe:

Submissions are now closed. There are 15 entries so please vote for up to 2. Voting ends February 20; please post your votes below.

Back