Help to set up signal for unloading coal

rmdk

TRS 2022 - Version 116271.

I am having trouble getting 'Resource Verify Rule' to set a signal to green to allow coal train to enter power station to unload.

My steps:
1. in Resource Verify Rule - set signal 'A' to automatic when coal at power station is less than xx.
2. After departing the download area, when empty train hits TM 'B', set signal 'A' to "Do Not Proceed" . This is to stop following coal trains from entering the unload area prematurely.

Are there any other ways to achieve the same result?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Russell

Last edited:
This is how I would do it - I must point out that I just threw this together and have not tested it, but logically it should work.

Resource-Signal-Set.png

I use the Driver Schedule Rule as a child rule to the Resource Verify Rule. The train comes in and parks at a siding till the resource verify rule tells him that they need coal, then the driver schedule rule gives him the instructions to complete the unload, return to the mine, load, the return to the siding.

Thanks Lewiscc65.

Does that mean that the driver instructions are not at the bottom of the driver screen, but in the rules section?

Is it possible for you to give a brief example of how you have set it up?

Russell

Hello pware,

I can't seem to get your suggestion to work.

Any other ways to do it?

Russell

I have discovered 'Multiple Resource Check'

It runs once then stops.

When I take a look at the rules, in session edit, I have noticed that the rule is either paused, or complete.

Is there anyway to reset/un-pause the rule automatically after it has run once so that it continues to run until it is cancelled or deleted?

Russell

Last edited:
I can't seem to get your suggestion to work.

Not sure what the problem is - how is it "not working"? I would suggest making the Resource Verify Rule (or the Multiple Resource Check Rule), and all their child rules, a child of a Reset List Rule (see https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Parent_and_Child_Rules#Reset_Lists for details). This would repeat those rules endlessly.

When I take a look at the rules, in session edit, I have noticed that the rule is either paused, or complete.

If you are seeing paused or complete (or was complete) then you are using the UDS interface - Trainz Plus??? or TRS22???. See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki...the_UDS_Interface#Resetting_the_Session_Rules for details on dealing with that.

Thanks Lewiscc65.

Does that mean that the driver instructions are not at the bottom of the driver screen, but in the rules section?

Is it possible for you to give a brief example of how you have set it up?

Russell
Yes, the driver instructions are added to the Driver Schedule Rule just like you would add them at the bottom. They will appear at the bottom when the rule is executed.
Use <kuid:160293:10060> Resource Verify Rule (fixed) and indent <kuid2:82445:90001:8> Driver Schedule Rule, edit both rules and fill in the info. If you want to you can DL <kuid2:394799:100028:1> TRS-19 Ship Yard & Industrial Basic and look at the session rule.

Thanks very much for your help. It is appreciated.

Ill have a look and see what I can work out. The old brain ain’t what it used to be.

Thanks again to you both.

Russell

What a terrific community this Trainz mob are.

Thank you to all who attempt to help out their mates, where ever they may be around the globe.

Russell

Back