Bogey Sounds Not Working

amtraklover1234

So I've done a decent bit of scavenging, right? My problem is that absolutely *none* of my bogey sounds load except for the generic stock ones that we've had since the dawn of time. They work in T:ANE and below, but for 22 they won't. At first I was like - maybe they just didn't have a track sound, so I went into the bogey of literally *all* my JR content, and surprise - surprise, there was track sounds already in the bogeys. So now I'm baffled as to why they won't load or sound in driver mode. The coupler effect sounds and the horn and bell sounds alright, but anything with an added track sound doesn't. I've poked around a bit and I saw some people got it to sound up to like 45/50 mph and then it cuts - mine just doesn't play at all. If anyone has any advice or knowledge on this, please shed :':)':)':)':)'(

So I've done a decent bit of scavenging, right? My problem is that absolutely *none* of my bogey sounds load except for the generic stock ones that we've had since the dawn of time. They work in T:ANE and below, but for 22 they won't. At first I was like - maybe they just didn't have a track sound, so I went into the bogey of literally *all* my JR content, and surprise - surprise, there was track sounds already in the bogeys. So now I'm baffled as to why they won't load or sound in driver mode. The coupler effect sounds and the horn and bell sounds alright, but anything with an added track sound doesn't. I've poked around a bit and I saw some people got it to sound up to like 45/50 mph and then it cuts - mine just doesn't play at all. If anyone has any advice or knowledge on this, please shed :':)':)':)':)'(

I know this post is months old, but figure'd I'd post here for others to see. I actually ran into this problem with TRS19 and it sounds like the same issue that carried over to the new version.

None of the JR or RRMods bogeys I had would play their assigned sounds. Neither the ones I imported from T:ANE or the TRS19 built-in ones. I made sure all dependencies were installed and nothing was showing errors in Content Manager. Everything would load fine in Driver, but would just make the generic default clickity-clack sound.

While digging around to find a solution, I noticed the "priority" tag in the "track-sound" container in the bogey config files had varying values. Most had it set to 100, but others had it as 10, 3, 15, 2, 1, etc. (all over the place). I know this tag is really just meant for fine-tuning conflicts and is not really intended to try to force the game to prioritize sounds. Some of the bogies also had conflicting KUIDs in the track-sound container and KUID table at the end (either had an older version of the bogey/track sound or one from a different author that preceded it).

Another thread I found noted that sometimes the game has issues playing sounds that have a priority value other than 0 (sometimes, results vary) and/or the referenced KUIDs don't match the most recent versions of the assets that are installed (i.e. has track-sound <kuid2:506034:201802:1>, but the most recent version installed is <kuid2:506034:201802:2>).

Long story short, I edited all the bogey config files so that the KUIDs matched the most recent versions of the assets that I had installed as well as set all of the priority tags to 0. Committed the changes, verified none of the bogies were displaying errors, relaunched the game and voila! All the bogies play their assigned track sounds in Driver now.

Code:
track-sound
{
  {
    bogey                               <kuid2:45324:50206:5>
    track-sound                         <kuid2:506034:201802:2>
    priority                            0
  }
}

kuid-table
{
  0                                     <kuid2:506034:201802:2>
  1                                     <kuid2:45324:50206:5>
}

Yes, this is for TRS19, but it sounds like the exact same problem you're experiencing in 22, so it may have been something that carried over between game versions. You may have to experiment, see what works.

Hope this helps.

Back