Ruote not loading properly. Help I am facing six months of lost work!

Merrick6ac

Hey all,

I have a curious problem in surveyor with my 100 mile long route Scottish WCML WIP, In the route menu the preview screenshot is black, it now takes a considerable amount of time to load and when it does, I can see the texture details from distance but when I zoom in the assets, textures and transdem base all disappear, leaving just the grey baseboard. IT seems to be localised to the cursor, but as I try and move, the "nothingness" moves with me.

Is anyone familiar with this error and hopefully, is there a fix?

I am using T:ANE but was considering moving the route into 2019 when this error stopped me in my tracks.

Thank you in advance if you have any advice that can help me resolve this.

Last edited:
The problem is in TANE right?
when was the last time it was ok?
what was the last thing you changed?
Tane has a Local/backups directory with dates
best to copy those dirs somewhere safe, cause after a few day they are gone

Hey all,

I have a curious problem in surveyor with my 100 mile long route Scottish WCML WIP, In the route menu the preview screenshot is black, it now takes a considerable amount of time to load and when it does, I can see the texture details from distance but when I zoom in the assets, textures and transdem base all disappear, leaving just the grey baseboard. IT seems to be localised to the cursor, but as I try and move, the "nothingness" moves with me.

Is anyone familiar with this error and hopefully, is there a fix?

I am using T:ANE but was considering moving the route into 2019 when this error stopped me in my tracks.

Thank you in advance if you have any advice that can help me resolve this.

i had this issue, which was localised to about 100 boards, it was ok in map view as in your case. if you have a backup that was made you should be able to revert to that version. i could not fix my issue as it had occurred about a week before and i hadnt noticed it, so I''d saved over the uncorrupted section , had to delete that section and merge two saved versions i had into one, didn't lose anything but i had lots of backups to fall back on, i generally back up to cdp at least once a day .

Last edited:
i had this issue, which was localised to about 100 boards, it was ok in map view as in your case. if you have a backup that was made you should be able to revert to that version. i could not fix my issue as it had occurred about a week before and i hadnt noticed it, so I''d saved over the uncorrupted section , had to delete that section and merge two saved versions i had into one, didn't lose anything but i had lots of backups to fall back on, i generally back up to cdp at least once a day .

Oh, this is the bad news I didn't want to hear. I have back ups but got lazy as the system seemed stable. The error here is outside the week long auto back up. I guess I am retreading my steps again....again!

I picked the wrong decade to stop drinking!

Back