Locomotive not appearing in content manager

So I downloaded a loco from a website, and when I try to insert it to content manager, the normal asset installation thing pops out like normal but the asset doesn't appear in content manager, I try it again but it says something like "asset already installed" how do I fix this?

Some more details needed please.

1. How did you "insert it to content manager"?
  2. Was it a .cdp file?
  3. What content manager filters do you have set on?
    1. Have you changed the filter to "Open for Editing" to see if it has been installed but not committed?
    2. Have you changed the filter to "Faulty" to see if the asset is faulty?

What i do here when installing a new loco
-I set my Content Manager filter to [Today], then see what it installed
-if an item is red, it is either faulty or it misses dependencies
-right click the red item and select "View Errors and Warnings"
-if it says its missing something, right click again and select "List Dependencies Recursively"
-a list opens and some you need to download extra from the DLS

If already installed, there will be a version "Open for Edit"
right click and select "Revert to Original"
hth

1: I meant downloaded it
2: Yes
3: I usually have it set for today when I download a new asset but for one, I tried but still nothing and two I still tried but nothing

What I can explain is that when I try to redownload it, there are warning signs left of the "asset is already installed" usually it's green buttons that are at the Left of the asset is already installed"

If the "green button" you mention is the one (and only one) that I know of then that only appears in the "task" window that appears during the downloading process. It indicates if each stage of the download and install process was successful. Red indicates an error, yellow indicates a warning.

If an asset has been downloaded but not yet installed (for example, if it is open for editing which can occur if the asset is already installed) then it will not appear in the Today filter.

The only options that I can suggest are ones that you have already tried - the Open for Editing filter and the Faulty filter. The fact that it has been downloaded and does not appear in the Today filter, or the other two filters, is quite puzzling. Can you identify the name, <kuid> code of the loco and the address of the web site?

Back