Best Steam Downloads

strasburg90

Hey Guys,

I've been looking for a while but I can't seem to find any good steam Downloads avalible for TRS2006. The ones that look good are the 4-8-2 locomotives, but they are all set to the 1522 whistle and bell, which I HATE!!!!! I can't stand it! I searched ATSF on the download station and I came across a ATSF Tender at the bottom of the first page. It had a locomotive with It. Anyone know what locomotive that is?

Thanks a bunch for your help in advanced,

Ben

P.S.: I've seen in some screenshots the 2467. Anyone know where that is?

Last edited:
I beleive you are talking about the USA ATSF Class 2900, 2925. Which a quick google tells me its a 4-8-4. As for the 2467 I'm not sure.
Kenny
Ps one engine I like is the USA SP Class GS-4 Steam Engine. Kuid 59906:4449. It is made for an older version of trainz but can be made to have all the functions of TRS06. If intrested see this post.
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=949
This goes for most any older Steam engine.
Kenny

yes the GS-4 is an excelent one. and as smash said most erhaps all the earlier steam locos will work in 06. i have the rare articulated 2-4-4-2 loco. found on DLS just cant remember what subject its under. if you want real good locos go to Loco section right after the search in the box you will see a larger search box. under region/country go to Pacific. put in time period 1950's for most results, under class go Steam Loco & Tender, put origional for best results and hit search! this i use constantly. try it with all different countrys i dont know what will show up but go ahead and try it! thats where i found most of my steam locos.

HI
I remember before the big meltdown of the forum there a number of steam locomotives on the drawing board. I was keeping track of their progress but haven't see anything in this new forum. Also ther was a steam loco that was put on the DLS last Christmas that was for TRS 2006 - does anyone have the kuid for it.
thanks

Michael

Maybe this?

HI
Also ther was a steam loco that was put on the DLS last Christmas that was for TRS 2006 - does anyone have the kuid for it.
thanks

Michael
Not Sure if this is what you are looking for but the only steam engine on dls for 06 is by Rob. Kuid 523:1042.

Kenny

ok guys got the kuid but its the 6-4-4-6 by mrtrain kuid:59906:6001
am looking for 2-4-4-2 on DLS saw it but didnt get it!

@titaniclover - I can wait for the 2-4-4-2 and I have the 4-8-8-4 already. Tried looking myself at the DLS, but couldn't find it with the combinations i used. Rats!:rolleyes:

Jack

If you check out username Euphod on the DLS you will find his release of Pacificseven's USRA 4-6-2, plus a couple of reskins, including 2467, the SP one. Zorronov has also done a weathered version of it which is quite nice.

You may also want to search for wgandsk on the DLS as he has released an NYC 0-6-0, PRR H9 2-8-0 and PRR E6 4-4-2. altodave also released several updated 0-6-0's which are excellent also. For others, try Ben Neal's website at http://steammachine.com/bdaneal/ where he has quite a few locos.

If you don't like the sounds of the Frisco 4-8-2, I have put three US steam whistle and bell soundpacks on the DLS that may be of use. Search my username on the DLS.

All the locos I have mentioned above are compatible for both 2004 and 2006.

Cheers
Tony

ok, i have a few cool steam engines but dont want to bother with the 70,000 downloads i have...

@jas4528
what is the kuid of the 4-8-8-4 i really waant it. because i dont have it
@trw1089
i will soon be looking for your engines, i usually dont go to Ben Neals site as it is mostly freeware what i want and i have the frisco...peice of crap that it is i dont know how i got it...

@Titaniclover:

Kuid:59906:6001 - USA PRR Class S1 Steam Engine
Kuid:59906:6002 - USA PRR Class S1 Tender

If you ever run across that 2-4-4-2, let me know:cool:

Jack:)

UP BigBoy 4-8-8-4 kuid:523:10070
UP Challenger 4-6-6-4 kuid:67873:3975
UP 9000 4-12-2 kuid:79097:53005

Bob

I hope you dont mind but
The Bigboy is built in to TRS
That version of the challenger is now payware.
UP 9000 is payware.
:cool:
Kenny

I try not to get mixed up in these types of discussions about what is "best" because those who are not nominated as best can get upset.

But I'd suggest that one steamer that is well worth downloading is [FONT=Verdana, Arial]the S class locomotive, kuid [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]81997:302:2

It downloads clean - all the dependencies will come with it.

The sound might not be to everyone's taste, but that can be easily changed by aliasising to another steam lcocomotive sound.

Phil
[/FONT]

But I'd suggest that one steamer that is well worth downloading is [FONT=Verdana, Arial]the S class locomotive, kuid [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]81997:302:2[/FONT]

Does it come with a tender or is it a separate download? Also, how do you change the locomotives sound?

Hi strasburg --

The tender is kuid 81997:1302

Changing sounds?

In essence, it involves substituting the sound specified in the config.txt file of the locomotive with the sound from another locomotive.

The tricky part is locating the config.txt file for the locomotive, finding a sound to use and then editing the config.txt file.

If you do a search of this Forum using philskene as the search word you will find a tutorial by me about making older steam locomotives work in TRS2004. It describes how to alias sounds.

The same principles apply in TRS2006 except TrainzObjectz does not work - you must use CMP. As a brief guide, locate the locomotive in CMP, right click, choose "Edit in Explorer" and the folder for the locomotive will open. Follow a similar process to that outlined in the tutorial.

If you need further help, please ask.

Phil

(Edit - the results in TRS2006 may still be disappointing. I believe there may be some residual sound issues with steam locomotives in this version of Trainz.)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial][/FONT]

Last edited:
Back