Trainz Plus RC 116302 (Mac) now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Trainz Plus RC 116175 to Trainz Plus RC 116302 (Mac) now available on the Trainz Plus Beta patch stream.

This update includes the fixes listed in the PC version plus a fix for the start-up issue on Big Sur operating system.

1. Update required EDR after first crashing in macOS 12.2 Monterey on my 14" MBP M1 Pro.
2. Deleted faulty "RE Dummy Accessories", reverting to <kuid2:151055:60048:1>.
3. Still MIA "Prod Passengers 2019" <kuid:565249:100506>.
4. Visible Fowler loc in Cattle for Hawes: confirmed.
5. "Session momentarily halting" problem when running at steady 60fps: fixed.

Great work!:)

Hello - thanks for the update.

Minor things that should be fixed:
- Updater windows don't come to front and it looks like nothing is happening, indeed, you must bring updated window to front and continue.
- Text in updater window is white text on very light background and very hard to see. I'm in "Dark" mode.

Updated to 116302
- Upon game launch I receive
"Error: Renderer initialization has failed."
Dev Log shows: ; <NULL> : Metal device name:Apple M1 lowPower:NO removable:NO headless:NO unifiedMemory:YES location:MTLDeviceLocationBuiltIn gpuFamily:MTLGPUFamilyMac2

Big Sur 11.6
M1 Mac Mini

1. Update required EDR after first crashing in macOS 12.2 Monterey on my 14" MBP M1 Pro.
2. Deleted faulty "RE Dummy Accessories", reverting to <kuid2:151055:60048:1>.
3. Still MIA "Prod Passengers 2019" <kuid:565249:100506>.
4. Visible Fowler loc in Cattle for Hawes: confirmed.
5. "Session momentarily halting" problem when running at steady 60fps: fixed.

Great work!:)

I rejoiced too soon.:( Played a few sessions yesterday, didn't save anything, made no changes - and now build 116302 (Mac) crashes
when starting Trainz or Content Store from the Launcher window. Did an EDR and rebooted my MacBook Pro to no avail.
This is not good.

What happens if you create a new empty content folder (userdata), point to it, and launch game? (Keep your "good" userdata and have a backup.)

What happens if you create a new empty content folder (userdata), point to it, and launch game? (Keep your "good" userdata and have a backup.)
Launching with a pristine data folder still crashes the programme when hitting "Trainz" or "Content Store" from Launch window.

I'll wait for the next update and if that doesn't fix the problem a reinstall is called for, I guess. (Yes, I have a backup of a good data folder.)

Henk it seems you have a nose for the Mac stuff not working properly.
You lose a lot fo time every year and lot's of frustration just tryng to make the Mac work normal,very sad indeed.

Just redownload the app, try it with a new (empty) data folder (Kickstarter Co 2). If it works then point it to your existing good folder, do a dbr and retry.

I ran 19 on a MacBook Pro (2013) and iMac (2013) though they were "sluggish" and map view/moving was painfully slow. I then built a windows machine for graphics performance and because some games I wanted are not available for Mac/OSX. I recently obtained a Mac M1 Mini and '19 works well (at low settings) on the M1. Can play '19 on the M1 and enjoy it much though the settings are lower than my Windows install. It still looks and runs great.

Just redownload the app, try it with a new (empty) data folder (Kickstarter Co 2). If it works then point it to your existing good folder, do a dbr and retry.

I ran 19 on a MacBook Pro (2013) and iMac (2013) though they were "sluggish" and map view/moving was painfully slow. I then built a windows machine for graphics performance and because some games I wanted are not available for Mac/OSX. I recently obtained a Mac M1 Mini and '19 works well (at low settings) on the M1. Can play '19 on the M1 and enjoy it much though the settings are lower than my Windows install. It still looks and runs great.
<bragging>
I'm running an M1 Pro MacBook Pro that about doubles the graphics performance of your M1 Mac Mini, I was able to run sessions in Roy's demanding CPR routes at a steady 60 fps, draw distance 10.000m and other sliders at High settings...
</bragging>

The Apple crash report starts as follows:

Code:
Process:               Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 [62843]
Path:                  /Applications/Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022.app/Contents/MacOS/Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022
Identifier:            com.n3vgames.trs22
Version:               1.0.11 (116302)
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               503

Date/Time:             2022-02-02 20:14:52.0354 +0100
OS Version:            macOS 12.2 (21D49)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        A3D026C5-E237-D65E-6C25-A048E96B213B

Time Awake Since Boot: 91000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        36  T2WorldState UIGLControlTrainzGame 0x10c43b000

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000019a
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x000000000000019a
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process:   exc handler [62843]

VM Region Info: 0x19a is not in any region.  Bytes before following region: 4337237606
      REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL
      UNUSED SPACE AT START
--->  
      __TEXT                      102850000-104384000    [ 27.2M] r-x/r-x SM=COW  ...imulator 2022

Segmentation Fault...:confused:

M1 Pro MacBook! That never came to mind when I read "MBP." Sometimes I think like I'm stuck in the past (because usually I am) - My M1 Mini is the first new Mac I ever got. I usually buy used or refurbed from the Apple Store. Lucky you! Hope you get things ironed out soon!

M1 Pro MacBook! That never came to mind when I read "MBP." Sometimes I think like I'm stuck in the past (because usually I am) - My M1 Mini is the first new Mac I ever got. I usually buy used or refurbed from the Apple Store. Lucky you! Hope you get things ironed out soon!
Right you are! I'll first wait for the next update, and if that doesn't fix it I'll reinstall and go through the whole upgrade path again.

Hello,

Is there a solution/workaround for the missing dependency <kuid2:839484:100975:1> "Prod Passengers 2019" mentioned in post #2?

Also, the latest DLC, Industrial Switching, is showing as "Not Available" however, I've seen comments by others about running the scenarios. Is this available on the PC side and not the Mac?

Respectfully,
Shaun

----------------------
Mac Pro (2019)
160 GB
AMD Radeon Pro Vega II (32GB)
macOS Monterey v12.1

I rejoiced too soon.:( Played a few sessions yesterday, didn't save anything, made no changes - and now build 116302 (Mac) crashes
when starting Trainz or Content Store from the Launcher window. Did an EDR and rebooted my MacBook Pro to no avail.
This is not good.
Must have been a bad download, because I just upgraded to 116434 (Mac) and all is well again, for now... keeping fingers crossed.

Back