TRS19 SP5 Final RC 116313 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
TRS19 SP5 RC 116210 to TRS19 SP5 RC 116313 is now available on the TRS19 Beta patch stream.

The Mac version will follow next week.

We're currently planning to release this build as the official SP5 release (subject to no showstoppers being found in the coming days).

I can confirm this will not be the last Service Pack as we continue to identify and fix bugs for TRS19.

Changelist:
  • In game windows can be moved and resized

Known Issues:
  • The route merge issue for certain large routes remains. There is further testing required to ensure this fix is stable and doesn't break anything else.

.. thankz again ..
.. smooth and quick update (dbr 266 secs) ..
start game was slow .. restarted game and 2nd start was as quick as before ..

ingame windows as "normal" .. :
edit route : movable - not resizable
edit session = full screen > not movable - not resizable
edit environment = movable - not resizable
edit effect layers = movable - resizable
find object = movable - resizable
bulk asset .. = movable - not resizable
random scenery = movable - not resizable
merge route = movable - not resizable
show #trainz chat = movable - resizable
show buddy list = movable - resizable
screenshot review & upload = movable - not resizable
screenshot settings / trainz settings = movable - resizable
account details > mytrainz login = movable - resizable (only height)
achievements = both : movable - not resizable
view trainz help = full screen > not movable - not resizable
view help requests = full screen > not movable - not resizable ["you are currently offline", although trainz settings in launcher indicates i'm online ..]

grtz

Thanks for the detailed report.
1. First start will be slow as content is precached.
2. Windows - Correct behaviour. Certain dialogs are not resizable (as there is nothing more to be gained by making them bigger).
3. "you are currently offline", although trainz settings in launcher indicates i'm online
>> We'll investigate

All good here - Near instantaneous download of ~27Mb patch, 19 second DBR after installation.
Prebuild took less than 3 minutes to complete.
All my settings preferences were retained.
Expected slow rebuild of the main screen on initial re-start, but fast as usual afterwards.
My sessions open quickly and all seems to be functioning correctly so far.
About to install another new Samsung 500Gb solid state drive to accommodate the download of my new annual Trainz Plus subscription content entitlements.
Prefer to keep each installation on separate drives.
Looking forward to resuming beta-testing again and especially to evaluate the new Surveyor 2.0 beta.

TY Tony and crew !
Download install and DBR was quick and effort free

First time main menu was really slow (too heavy assets in the background)

Confirmed:
All windows behave as should. good !
except the minimap when used in driver (still can't use the settings)
never had satisfactory reply on bug report

Help screen indeed says you are offline while I am clearly online

Still:
-Too much spam in the trainzchat window, from all login and out
-Mouse movement too coarse when driving (compared to older TRS19 versions)
-Buttons on top of the main menu are still too small, many text gets truncated (unneeded plenty space)
-Slider that overlaps text in the driverlist, with too big heads and unused space
-ConsistDataHandler rule in the default Edit Session setup with big red text
-Tools menu says "Edit in Surveyor classic" while there is no S2.0 in this version
-Can't find how to turn off UDS and just get edit Trains, since I'm on Plus.
-Launcher still shows Platinum Edition while i'm on Plus atm.
-prod passenger 2020 is missing and not on DLS

but the core is workable again, good job !

edit: when using the asset preview in CM it seems there is some blurring
older version were much sharper somehow

Last edited:
Hi Tony,

One of my favorite sessions behaves strange. One of the drivers suddenly switches the junction even where he would not have to switch the junction. He stops in front of a signal and refuses to switch the junction back on the mainline, which he should ride on correctly. In addition, the junction that had been switched leads the train to a siding that is occupied by another train.

Can you help me to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Lokomark

Last edited:
Anyone else noticing a problem with water reflections?

Depending on the direction the camera is pointing the reflection will move up or down or disappear altogether. The higher you raise the water level the worse it gets. When looking between northeast and south it is almost ok. Look in any other direction and the problem should be obvious.

This has always been a issue in TRS19 but with the latest patches it is much worse.

Brendan

In TRS19 and TRS22 I find no longer the possibility, to click at an asset in surveyor in a map and to see the kuid of this asset in the lower right corner of the monitor.

Any help is very appreciated.

Regards
Swordfish

That option doesn't appear in TRS22 Surveyor 2.0 directly, but there's more information with the eyedropper. If you hover long enough with the eyedropper, you'll get author name as well as the Kuid. If you hover over an asset in the asset list, that will give you the same information as well.

TRS19 SP5 RC 116210 to TRS19 SP5 RC 116313 is now available on the TRS19 Beta patch stream.

Known Issues:
  • The route merge issue for certain large routes remains. There is further testing required to ensure this fix is stable and doesn't break anything else.

I have the weird 'hobby' of merging routes ( old+new, old+old, large+ large, etc.) and I did notice that some routes I tried to merge before this RC and causing a TRS 19 freeze merged without any problem in RC116313. I hope this info can help you tackling the merge issue.

Ron

bj1888 -
Anyone else noticing a problem with water reflections?
Yes - running a session tonight in the updated Kickstarter County 2 route confirmed that there are indeed wild fluctuations in the reflectivity of the water surfaces present.
(I run with the highest water quality settings and typically with the water colour preview set to near-black with surface condition set to 'Calm'). Most of the time, reflections appear normal, especially when viewed from a static viewpoint.
However, when viewed in the background during a pass of a train being tracked in Chase camera mode, or when zooming around the map in Roaming Camera mode, water surface reflections and planes can fluctuate abruptly between bright white and darker tones in a most unrealistic manner.
Wonder what changes have been made to the environmental model to cause this phenomenon?

I know... and I wasn't trying to be curt or anything... It's just that here's always another "release" coming and speculation is just kind of futile.

Back