Animated Industries

railsim49

I'm building a route with a lot of industries. I'm looking for industries that I can load and unload the product(coal,lumber,grain, sand....etc). Where can I find this content?

railsim49

Look up Coal Mine Basic, Powerstation, Lumber Mill, Forestry Basic, Oil Rig, Oil Refinery. They are built-in. There are others but I can't remember.

What dundun92 is right and you make good routes with all the things you get from them. RJArtim

Last edited:
Hi railsim --

Are you looking for industries with animations, or industries that can load and unload commodities (but which may or may not be animated)? If the latter you can always use a Multiple Industry New with appropriate buildings and structures.

Phil

railsim49 - There are some superb, older - but beautifully animated - industries like:

<kuid:-25:617> Industry Airport
<kuid:-25:100> Seaport
<kuid:-25:671> Oil Refinery
<kuid:-25:1231> Forestry Basic
<kuid:-25:1356> Multiple Industry New (Where you can roll your own associated buildings/ warehouses, platforms, support structures etc.) Thousands of commodities! Trick is to match up wagons/ cars to carry them. :)
<kuid2:388258:100066:1> Hyde Pulp Mill Rebuild
<kuid:-25:630> Lumber Mill
<kuid:-25:670> Oil Field
<kuid:-25:752> Powerstation
<kuid2:276266:1197:1> CHN container yard basic (Excellent payware item available from Content Store)
<kuid2:30671:27229:2> BI2 General
<kuid2:647907:100648:2> CDE Multiple_Industry_New (A better, more recent version of the M.I.N.)
<kuid2:30671:27228:2> BI2 Fuel
<kuid:439337:101523> SAP Furniture Factory
<kuid:-25:416> Coal Mine
<kuid2:124017:10123:2> Coal Unloading Pit, E-W
<kuid2:124017:10124:2> Coal Unloading Pit, N-S
<kuid2:439337:101408:2> SAP Furniture Warehouse
<kuid:-25:1233> Lumber Mill Basic
<kuid2:35815:26206:3> Lumber Warehouse
<kuid:101046:104702> Warehouse Large Industry active DES
<kuid:-25:36> Container Station

Then you can create routes and sessions with continuous flows of products and services between interactive industries with 30+ AI drivers going about their work delivering goods and services.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
[QUOTE....Then you can create routes and sessions with continuous flows of products and services between interactive industries with 30+ AI drivers going about their work delivering goods and services.
Enjoy!..QUOTE]

That is my goal to create many trains running to different Industries
Thanks!

Good one! Recommend setting most of these industries up on through sidings, so that you don't hold up other through traffic on the mainline whilst you're loading/ unloading. Also saves a lot of shunting and run-around ops.
I use 'Drive Via (trackmarks)' and then 'Drive to (Name of industry track mark entry point) to get consists to the correct industry siding entry point; then get the AI driver to 'Navigate to (Name of Industry)' from that NavPoint before issuing loading or unloading commands.
Setting production creation and consumption rates and timings for each interactive industry is an art form requiring considerable thought and experimentation - and very satisfying when you manage to finesse this craft. :)

railsim --

The MINs that I prefer are by bekaember, for instance, "Multi Ind str l= 60m EN. His MINs come in various lengths, straight and curved of many radius, and are height adjustable.

This video may help you with the configuration process:

Another alternative is to use Edit Trains in Driver to load and unload freight cars. The advantage of this method is that it can be done anywhere on the route. Another video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HQPOaRmfeE&t

Phil

Back