Access to Legacy Trainz Products

G.M.

When I bought TRS22 plus annual membership
one of the feature lines said:
[v] Access to Legacy Trainz Products

I'd like to have TRS2012 and TRS2010, to complete the collection here
not going to give amazon my money and cannot find it in the trainz store
or maybe I misunderstood the selling argument?

Legacy products at this point is T:ANE, almost TRS19 and anything you own prior to that. With a vanilla install of the older versions, they still work as they did in the dark ages and you still have DLS access. Because the older versions are no longer supported is possibly the reason they are no longer sold, though they are still available for download through MyTrainz if you own them on your account.

Cheers Graeme

Installing TS10 and updating it is not too bad but installing TS12 is a nightmare. You need to apply 8 patches and the sixth one (sp1) is huge. I've tried twice to install the N3V version of TS12 and that huge patch fails after about 4 hours. I assume they will make them free for subscribers like they did TS2009 but I have no idea when. If you really want TS12 without the pain of the patching, Steam frequently has it on sale for $2.49 and it is the fully patched SP1 version 61297. Don't forget the Legacy Trainz Products could also include the Loco packs and route packs made for TS2009 through TS12. They still work for the most part in TRS19 and but some do have issues in TRS22 and Plus Beta.

Last edited:
The only access to TS12 I could find is via Steam, even though I bought from Amazon. I am not normally a Steam person, but I had to if I wanted to have TS12 available to help update older routes with Pofig trees and such. It does appear to be the patched-up version as wreeder stated above.

Back